Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Leaving politics out of it, the 945 looks interesting and feels great. But I wouldn't have one. The slide's looks are ruined by the filler where the 4506 safety usually would be (you think they could just leave the step of cutting the hole out, wouldn't you?) Plus, parts are proprietary. And the bore axis is a little high (just like a regular DA S&W .45).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know the price is high. The reason I am interested is because I live in MA. No Kimber, SA, Wilson etc. :sad: I managed to get a SA Champion and a Cilt Government Series 70 but I have the bug now and need more. Still looking for good used 1911's

Brian

·
Registered
29 Posts
I shot one of the full size 945's at an IDPA match earlier this year. If I was looking for a good, out of the box, accurate, soft shooting .45, I would love to have one. Biggest drawback is the price.
I was quite impressed with how the gun fit and operated.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the 5" stainless and am impressed with the total package.The only gun that I've seen tighter NIB is a Les Baer, BUT mine cycles easily. As far as accyracy goes, it does the 'ole one ragged 1 inch hole at 25 yards off a bag AND ~ 3 1/2 at 50 yards. If I had younger eyes I'm sure it would shoot better. Best....dewey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.