Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any pet loads for 230 gr jhp loaded to 925-950 fps (with 5" bbl)? I have Alliant Power Pistol, Ramshot Enforcer, Unique, Blue Dot, AA numbers 5,7, and 9, and a whole bunch of others too. Right now, I have tried the Ramshot Enforcer with 14.2 grains giving 950 fps with 230 gr Gold Dots, and VERY consistant velocity, but there is no doubt they are plus P pressures. Any others?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I use a load with 13.7grs of Enforcer for 1001fps out of my Colt M-1991. I’m surprised you’re only getting 950fps with your load. Are you using mag primers? With 14grs I’m getting 1028fps. If I use CCI mag primers but if I use Winchester large pistol it drops to 978fps. According to the ramshot guide these loads are not +P they are under 21,000psi.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried both Federal 150 and W-W Large Pistol primers, in once fired Winchester cases. The gun is a 5" Kimber. I use a Pro-Chrono for velocity readings. I'll do more testing once I get my gun set up the way I want. Waitng for an order of parts to come in from Brownell's.

Neal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.