Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

You can image how much I trust photopoint these days after their shut down while in the mist of a buy out.

I have bought a CD burner to copy all my photos and am now trying to do a digital photo history as I build my full house guns for each custoemr.

I currently have very close to 200 photos of my own work and include some of Swensons', Heinie's and Garthwaites. I can get you a copy of almost everything I have posted on the forums over the last year or so and some that no one has seen but me. Photo quality is at the level of what I post but in a jpeg file so it has much better definition and the pictures are BIG.

Each photo will be labeled on the CDs.

The CDs are available now for $20 including shipping for those that are interested.

I like a good picture of a 1911, good knives or a nice watch. If I get a lot of requests I'll go on a photo spree and add group to the CD that no one has yet seen and I have yet to imagine:)

But it will include some nice 1911s by Bilby, Swenson, Heinie, Colt, Wetstein and Rolex, Sinn, Omega sport watches, Hamilton and Waltham vintage watches, awesome Alessi leather and MP5s, Galils and Colt M4 carbines and some wicked blades.

Not for everyone but some nice screen savers and a great wish list!

Email me in private if you are interested in photos like the one above of an early Swenson.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-09-20 20:40 ]</font>

·
Registered
113 Posts
Dane,

I think this is an idea whose time has come. Over the past several months, I (like many others, no doubt) have made it a point of saving these images whenever they have appeared. I've even gone so far as to use them in simple Photoshop/web graphics tutorials ...

Of course, these CDs might also greatly simplify the BCP customization ordering process ... "let's see, I want my sights done like those in photo #3, the same grips found in photo #40, a serrated frontstrap like #103, a hard chrome job similar to #56, etc." ... now look at what you've done. :grin:

In all seriousness, photos of this quality (and pistolsmithing of this quality) provide a tremendous informal education to the rank and file. Aside from their aesthetic value, which is considerable, they show us what "right" should look like.

Count me in.

Chuck

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! It's not like I don't have other things to do...like finish Terry's guns among them :grin:

But when photopoint offered to do the duplicate CDs that pushed me over the edge.

I know I have enough photos to get a good product out. But I was thinking more is better.

Lou Alessi has kindly agreed to let me show a complete set his products. I have some other ideas in the works on content that will make the project even more valuable to all of us who like good guns and cool pics.

I'll keep everyone updated on what ELSE will be in the content!

CDs will be available shortly. You can order and prepay on PalPay or by sending funds to the http://www.burnscustom.com address on the web site.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-09-21 13:44 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I asked Lou for some holster samples to take pictures of and got Dick Heinie committed to sending me some old and new samples of his work to photograph. :eek:

Good luck on them getting anything back :grin:

I am going to committ to 350 photos, minuimum on the CDs.

Be happy to to include pictures of any guns that are significant pieces if you are willing to ship.

At the moment there are 4 Swensons, several Heinie's, a recent Garthwaite, a extremely rare 1927 Colt Match gun, Brian Bilby's personal 38 Super, a Wetstien full houe 38 Super, ala Pachmyer Combat Special. More to come :grin:

Thanks for supporting the idea!

Chuck! Where did that logo go, I loved it! I wanted to snag it with your permission?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-09-21 17:33 ]</font>

·
Registered
113 Posts
Where did that logo go ... I wanted to snag it with your permission?
Dane,

Permission granted ... though I think I could do better if I knew what your specific needs were.

Things are rather busy for me at the moment, (as you might expect), but I'd be happy to give you and Peter whatever graphics support you may need for BCP. This is by no means the only thing that I experimented with, but I just didn't want to ruffle any feathers.

Chuck

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is by no means the only thing that I experimented with, but I just didn't want to ruffle any feathers.
SO! Now I know who sent this to me :grin:

"Dane as a budding young pistolsmith"

Rob, don't think I am actually letting YOU off the hook here :grin: (This is really DD as a young man....that should wake his sleeping ass up!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-09-22 04:17 ]</font>

·
Registered
113 Posts
Dane,

It wasn't me. I wouldn't have left out the most important details ...

:grin:

Chuck

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guys I just got the nix at the Texas Ranger Museum for a photo shoot unless I wanted to pay $400 per image.

Sorry, I was holding off to include those guns on the CDs. I'll ship them out late next week with around 300+ photos. If you haven't ordered now is the time.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Just sent $20 in Paypal for the CD. Looking forward to having it.

BTW, any of you who take digital pics or scan pics into your computer might check out http://www.flipalbum.com for a minute.

I bought this program to put pics into virtual, page-flipping albums that can be annotated, organized into catalogs, scrapbooks or whatever. You can even add sound and fully customize these albums and post them on the web where others can view them.

I bought the professional version and am burning CD's for business distribution. You can use it to publish how-to manuals, infobooks, any kind of e-publishing you can think of. Great program.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Great news Dane.

I thought it might be fun for those of us who have ordered the CD to talk a little about what has happened in our lives since ordering it. In my case: I have moved 7 times, got married, had 3 beautiful children, got divorced, attended all three kid’s collage graduations, and, I’m happy to say, just celebrated the birth of my 4th grandchild. :grin:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.