Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part of the fun of this sight is the availability to post lots of pictures. It seems that PhotoPoint is out of buisness with no way to retrieve my photo gallery there either :sad:

This does not bode well for the future of occular fun!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
SON OF A BITCH!!! :mad:

Now I've got to re-do parts of my freakin' web site to boot!!! :evil:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CastleBravo on 2001-07-12 20:21 ]</font>

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sheesh. Boy, am I glad I didn't stay with them once they started charging for services!

Actually, it's gotten to be quite annoying lately because I switched over to Zing.com and spent hours and hours uploading several hundred pictures back into albums. Was happy until I heard that as of 7/2/01 they were (are) out of business!

They referred people to Ofoto.com; I tried it and thought it was OK. That is until I found that their servers do not allow linking to forums such as ours here.

The one that I've been using for the past week or so is webshots.com; so far they seem to be OK.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Guys:
I heard that "other" forum (ya know, 'threadlocker.com', a.k.a. 'bigbrother.com) recently had a thread concerning existing free photo posting sites currently available. I'd go there myself to fetch the thread link for ya, but get more than a little nauseous just thinking about it. :wink:.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey! I see David had a picture of one of my guns from Photopoint or this forum. If any one has photos of my work they have saved form this web site or the 1911 forum...or even the entire post as a jpeg file would you send it to me via private mail?

[email protected]

thanks!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Ha! You are gonna' be seriously swamped :wink:

I'll dust some off for ya'

·
Registered
33 Posts
Try Fototime.com. They have some pretty nifty features. Its free and URL's are easy to set up.

Regards,

T

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Test to see if you can link to pictures from FotoTime.com without problems:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CastleBravo on 2001-07-13 09:50 ]</font>

·
Registered
658 Posts
There are some other options if you don' want to screw with the on-line services:

1. Use the web space provided by your ISP. Almost all of them provide some space for a website. This usually won't get you too much disk space.

2. Fork out the cash for a low-end web account somewhere. pair.com is one provider that has an inexpensive hosting account for like $5/month with a reasonable amout of disk.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
That's a good idea when it works. But sometimes the problem with doing that is that alot of 'em won't let you link directly to your files, just the address of your "index.html" page. For instance, Yahoo!Geocities won't let you just link to your image files.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Can't you just rename your image files? Or will they only allow you one link? LOL...that sounded funny...

Sign zee papers or you vill receife only fvon link...

·
Registered
658 Posts
On 2001-07-13 11:53, CastleBravo wrote:
That's a good idea when it works. But sometimes the problem with doing that is that alot of 'em won't let you link directly to your files, just the address of your "index.html" page. For instance, Yahoo!Geocities won't let you just link to your image files.
Gah! That sucks! Yet another reason I like to use local ISPs...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.