Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing a search on Mr. Garrity's work and found several photos. Unfortunately, none of them opened up. I don't know if the web addresses are obsolete (the topics were quite old) or what. But, if anyone has any photos they can post or e-mail, I'd appreciate it. I'm thinking of the Incognito for a couple of chunky weapons (Sigs, USPs, Glocks).

·
Registered
326 Posts
Unfortunately, I do not currently have access to a computer at home and do not have a web-site. And my personal ability to post a picture is dismal to say the least. (Friends tell me I'm taking this "old-world craftsmenship" thing a bit too far and to "Get with the times").
Anyway, hopefully Mr DiFabio will see this and post some more pics, or you can e-mail me your mailing address for a copy of my catalog:[email protected]

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lou, on behalf of all holster users everywhere, keep it that way! You, Mr. Garrity, and the others stay at the sewing machine and let other people worry about the pictures, so as not to distract you from your work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: buzz_knox on 2001-09-10 08:08 ]</font>

G

·
I did not know you guys were posting these questions here, but I own a lot of Mark's gear and also own a lot of PCs so posting some of his stuff is no problem.
I will snap some pics and update the links in the next day or two.

G

·
No way Grunt he is still making them and going strong....

I believe his committments to the County Swat team and the Police Academy as thier firearms instructor combined with an overwhelming flood of orders from cops and CCW people here on the east coast have kept him somewhat busy lately, but he is definitely still making great custom leather gear.

I just recieved my new Sharkskin belt from Mark and it is exceptoinal as usual.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Is it posssible usmcgrunt, that you might be thinking of Mark THG (The Holster Guy) that fequented The Firing Line and the 1911Forum? There is also another Mark, that is Mark W. of Waldon Holsters. IIRC, it was Mark THG that has left the holster business.

Anyone that can clarify/confirm this, please jump in here.

DD

·
Registered
86 Posts
DD,
I do believe you are correct! I do remember reading that and it was Mark THG! Thanks for bringing that up! I had totally forgotten about reading that info on 1911forum.com! Any other info on Mark Garrity and his holsters would be helpful though!

·
Registered
326 Posts
"Rumours of my demise are greatly exagerated..."
Thanks for the concern guys, but I'm still kickin'; and busier than a one-armed wall-paper hanger. God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things, and right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die!!!

David, if you could post some more pics, that would be greatly appreciated. As you know, my computer skills are boardering non-existent.

Safe shooting,
Mark Garrity
Garrity's Gunleather

G

·
A (shameless ego self serving-my ego of course) photo and text from Mark's new catalog page:

2C SPCL. II
$85.00 in best quality cowhide, +$25.00 for Horsehide, +45.00 for Shark Skin
The GGL 2C SPLII is our "Professional" holster duly suited for both concealment and competition. It is an adaptation of the classic Bruce Nelson model redesigned by noted Executive Protection and security Expert David DiFabio. Our holster features a full tunnel belt loop incorporated into the body of the holster which stabilizes the pistol while the loop tension provided by your belt pulls the grip against your body increasing both conceal ability and retention. All leather above the grip has been reduced to eliminate the possibility of shirt or jacket materials interfering with the grip, this is especially important when wearing concealed body armor. The pistol has been lowered on the belt and a speed tunnel has been cut into the front of the holster body below the pistols ejection port, this combination of reduced height and the semi-open front allow the shooter an almost perfect draw stroke eliminating the need to raise the shoulder during the presentation to target.
Available in black, brown, cordovan, horsehide, exotic materials, and David's trademark black eel skin in right and left hand for the following Semi Auto's: 1911s in 3", 3.5",and 4", Beretta, Browning, Colt, Glock, H&K, Kahr, Para-Ordinance, and 12, Ruger, Sig, S&W, Taurus, and Walther.

Telephone
610-558-6069

Direct Mail
PO Box 125
Broomall, PA 19008

Electronic mail
Sales, Questions, Support: [email protected]

G

·

Stead-Fast Accelerator

$95.00 in best quality cowhide, +$25.00 for Horsehide, +25.00 for Shark Skin band, +35.00 for Alligator mouth band.
The steadfast is a design that grew out of a love for the classic Bruce Nelson vertical scabbard with a desire for the security and concealability of the pancake holster. Dual belt slots allow you to position the holster over your pants belt loops and the pancake design allows you to use you belt tension to pull the pistol close to your body for truly great concealment. We utilize plastic reinforcement to stabilize the mouth of the holster to provide for secure retention and ease of re-holstering with one hand.. The SFA is fully hand detail molded/boned to your pistols exact contour for a perfect fit, the SFA is safe, secure, comfortable and uses a minimum amount of size.

Available in black, brown, cordovan, horsehide, and exotic materials in right and left hand for the following Semi Auto's: 1911s in 3", 3.5", 4",5",and 6", Beretta, Browning, Colt, Glock, H&K, Para-Ordinance, Ruger, Sig, S&W, Springfield, Taurus, and Walther.
The SFA can also be ordered for the S&W revolver line with 4" up to 6" barrel lengths.

Telephone
610-558-6069

Direct Mail
PO Box 125
Broomall, PA 19008

Electronic mail

G

·

The Enforcer

$90.00 in best quality cowhide, +$25.00 for Horsehide, +45.00 for Shark Skin, $+10.00 for thumb-break.

The GGL Enforcer is constructed of two pieces of highest quality specially tanned holster leather sewn to form the holster body. This results in the classic pancake construction which remains one of the time tested, comfortable, and concealable methods to carry any size handgun from the diminutive Kahr P9 to the legendary 5" 1911. The Enforcer utilizes properly spaced holster slots and the Enforcer is pre-molded to the curvature of the hip bone to allow for a substantially reduced break-in period and increased user comfort. We offer a precision molded sight track for your specific pistol that is not a "one size" fits all method used by other makers to save time. The Enforcer is hand detail molded to every curve and line on your pistol to ensure a lifetime of exceptional service and safe, secure, retention. the Enforcer is also available with a thumb break and all thumb-break models incorporate our unique rear sight protector molded into the retention straps.

Available in black, brown, cordovan, horsehide, and exotic materials in right and left hand for the following Semi Auto's: 1911s in 3", 3.5", 4",5",and 6", Beretta, Browning, Colt, Glock, H&K, Kahr, Para-Ordinance, Ruger, Sig, S&W, Springfield, Taurus, and Walther.

The Enforcer can also be ordered for the S&W and Ruger revolver line with 2" up to 6" barrel lengths.

Telephone
610-558-6069

Direct Mail
PO Box 125
Broomall, PA 19008

Electronic mail

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David DiFabio on 2001-11-28 06:30 ]</font>

G

·

The X-Caliber

$80.00 in best quality cowhide,+$25.00 for Horsehide, +45.00 for Shark Skin.

The X-Caliber from GGL is essentially the same holster as the 2C SPL #1, with the belt loops adjusted so the gun is carried at a moderate cross-draw angle. As with all GGL holsters, this holster provides a safe, secure, and comfortable pistol carry. With a full grip for proper draw and firing index. The X-Caliber is well suited to Women and those that carry concealed while operating vehicles as the pistol remains secure and in proper position ready for immediate action when seated in a vehicle.

Available in black, brown, cordovan, horsehide, and exotic materials in right and left hand for the following Semi Auto's: 1911s in 3", 3.5",and 4", Beretta compact models, Glock, G26,27,33, 32, 19, 23, 29, 30 and 36, H&K USP compacts, Kahr, Para-Ordinance P6, 7, 10, and 12, Ruger SP101, Sig P230 and P239, S&W J frame, Taurus compact auto's and titanium revolvers, and Walther PP and PPK.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David DiFabio on 2001-11-28 06:34 ]</font>

G

·

$110.00 in best quality cowhide, +$25.00 for Horsehide, +45.00 for Shark Skin

The GGL Paddle

Our paddle is reinforced with a thin layer of plastic which serves to stabilize heavy full sized handguns and keep the grip of high capacity grip-heavy pistols pulled in tightly to your side. Many of the paddle holsters on the market fail miserably in this area. The pistol is carried at a mid to high ride, FBI forward tilt position. A bevel-edged leather block locks the paddle into the waistband of the pants.
A removable, snap closure belt loop serves as a backup to ensure the holster will not come out of the pants along with the gun during the draw. This is the holster for a person who must remove his or her weapon frequently during the day. It¹s also one of our answers to strong side hip carry with belt-less slacks, or for someone who simply prefers not to wear a belt. Also works well for women.
Paddle holsters are rarely comfortable and are primarily used as a means of convenience allowing the user to remove the holster/pistol combo without undoing your belt. But we are confident that you will find our paddle to be both secure and comfortable for extended periods of carry. Our paddle holster may also be custom ordered with a vertical pistol position as well.

Available in black, brown, cordovan, horsehide, and exotic materials in right and left hand for the following Semi Auto's: 1911s in 3", 3.5", 4",5",and 6", Beretta, Browning, Colt, Glock, H&K, Kahr, Para-Ordinance, Ruger, Sig, S&W, Springfield, Taurus, and Walther.

The GGL paddle can also be ordered for the S&W and Ruger revolver line with 2" up to 5" barrel lengths.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.