Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Thanks for sharing David :smile: It seems like
pics of Vickers work are pretty rare, but I would imagine that's because he only
builds a handful of guns a year. Anyway,
its nice to be able to see some more examples!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

...This is from a link that OKC posted...Is it from the pistol you mean Matt?

:wink:

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Matt,
I know Yost had Vickers rebuild and upgrade the Commander from your original gun before it went to Bob. How many rounds went through it while you owned it and what were the up grades Yost had done when the gun was returned to Vickers, if you know?

·
Registered
408 Posts
hi Dane, yes thats one in the same gun. I fired the gun under 500 rounds, although i didnt keep a good record.

Im not sure on how Allan had it upgraded, I THINK (but dont hold me to this) he had the following done:

Match grade fitted barrel/bushing (either bar sto or lissner)

Slide/Frame fit

Had to put a new front site, as the original wasnt the regulated to the new barrel.

Other than that, im not sure. I can only say that when i had it, it was great, and again, wish i wouldnt have sold it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I got to shoot Ken's Vicker's gun also. Shot 50 rounds through it in a segment of Hackathorn's class. I tried to swap a Glock into Ken's gun rug, but he caught me. :sad:
The gun was simply beautiful.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Matt, you are right, that's one sweet commander. Took it to the range yesterday, it is perfect in terms of POA and functioning. Couldn't ask for more in a 1911. Dane, Allan had a barsto barrel fit and a few other mods done by Vickers. My pictures just don't do this gun justice. I'll try to post some better photos in the next few days. If gyp-c or anyone else can help display the other two photos I have links to showing the checkering detail and the mag well bevel, I would certainly appreciate it. Can't wait to see your new Vickers, Matt.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

...and one more...

whew...cursed dry work...Off to the fridge!!!

..!...then, we fight in the shade!..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gyp_c2 on 2001-06-11 19:08 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gyp_c2 on 2001-06-11 19:10 ]</font>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.