Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On 2001-05-18 21:06, Larry Vickers wrote:
Roscoe - Cameron Hopkins picked the grips - I believe he wanted to throw Ahrends a bone - I would have selected a set of hand picked Hogues myself - WITH the M/S pin cut - I agree with Miller - Larry
I always liked the pin covered since that little cut out is noticeable to me. The ambis' require at least one grip panel be removed anyway, so I remove both when playing around inside.
As well, I use hex-head grip screws, so I can't take the screws off with the sear spring anyway.
Just curious why you (and others) dislike the pin covered?

Thanks.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On 2001-05-19 23:39, Dane Burns wrote:
If you can detail strip the gun without the wear and tear on the grips and the time, why not?
Sure, but like I said, with my ambi's, I still need to remove the right hand grip panel. For me, it's just a matter of comfort, since I also have them on the gun I don't have ambi's on yet.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Aesthetics wise, I don't have a preference. However, on smaller framed 1911's like the Officers model, I find that grips without the pin hole cover dig into my palm in just the wrong spot and in the wrong way. On the smaller frames I definitely prefer grips with the pin hold covering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.