Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what you guys pay for your Concealed Gun license and for how long it is good for.WE pay $25 for 4 years here in NH.

·
Registered
403 Posts
My colo permit cost 136 and is good for the term of the sheriff.

My Utah permit cost about 65.00 and is good for 5 years.

Havent gone for a NH or Fla one yet.

·
Registered
580 Posts
In this County of Upstate NY it was ca. $125 with all the paperwork, fingerprinting & photos {more now, also $3 to put on a "new" pistol or take one off your permit} and took 6 months to get but at least it's for Life unless...........

·
Registered
149 Posts
Application still in progress but it will cost about $200 for license plus $200 for training with an authorized group. You need a training certificate. But I get to list 3 guns on the permit by serial number and have my firearms inspected by the Sheriffs department. If trigger pull is not at least 4# it is my great honor to have it corrected. Oh yes, the permit is good for an extended period of two years. The sheriff approved my permit application in about 1 week. Fingerprints are scanned in by a computer and sent to the state doj and to the FBI. The fingerprint section said they take about 3 days to be returned from the fed's but then the state takes maybe 6 weeks to process them. We are not a shall issue state so you must have an acceptable reason to want one and personal protection is not one of the allowable reasons. We have a fair and honorable sheriff who ran for office indicating he would be fair about issuing ccw's. The previous sheriff was in office for 35 years and issued permits to the well connected. Once the state comes up with registering everyone and their firearms(its for the children) we will feel so good and safe...so there you have it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Alabama, issued by county sherrif $10 per year(after background check) and they mail you a renewal reminder. You just send them a check and your new permit arrives in about 3 days.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Alabama, issued by county sherrif $10 per year(after background check) and they mail you a renewal reminder. You just send them a check and your new permit arrives in about 3 days.

614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Guys,I can`t understand why some of you guys are only aloud a certain amount of guns.Here in NH you can have as many as you want. Guess I`m lucky to live here in NH.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here in Tn it is a $50 renewal and good for 4 years.First time issue was $100 but it has gone up,not sure what it is now.First timers also have to take a safety course and qualify on the range.The cost of the course runs from $50 to $100 depending on who you take it from.If you are late on your renewal you have to go through the proccess again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
<<>> In northern most Kaliforina it's $116.00 plus $60.00 for class. Permit is good for 2 years. Then it's $40.00 for renewal plus $25.00 for class, for 2 more years. Only can have 3 handguns on permit. When I lived in Ct. you can carry any handgun you wanted, as long as it was legal. rc

·
Registered
25 Posts
new jersey.
(depends on county)
25 to even think about it. goes to county(good for two years)
fingerprinting 49. state police (regardless if you have Firearm ID or not)

proficiency test 100 bucks
extremely strict, must indicate hours of duty etc..heavy fines and revoked permit if caught violating..

·
Registered
15 Posts
In Oregon, it is $50 for the permit and $15 for the fingerprinting. The permit is good for 4 years and is $50 to get renewed. One must also take a Basic Firearms Safety course.

Bud

1 - 17 of 17 Posts