Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all..
I've been reading posts here for a while, and decided to join today and ask some questions..

I just bought a used Rossi 38 special 2" barrel (blued finish, 5-shot samll frame).. It's one of those "carried alot, shot rarely..
The problem is that I CANNOT identify it's model number..
On the frame under crane, it says "M335" (That's what dealer put on the paperwork in "Model" section.. ) but I couldn't find any info on Rossi Model 335.. Only other number on the gun I found was on left-side grip frame under the grip that reads, "I.88"..
It's 2" PINNED barrel (so I assume it's pretty old one..) with S&W M10 style ejector shroud and front locking system..
On the sideplate, there's Rossi logo, and "Made In Brazil, Interarms, Alxenderia VA" above the trigger..
What model of Rossi did I get???
Any input will be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks....

· Registered
47 Posts
This is going to be vague, but with a discontinued gun, it can't be helped. Anyway, Rossi has a new site up, http://www.rossiusa.com, where it is explained that Rossi was bought and is being reissued by Taurus. The model numbers on the web page are in line with what you posted. However, a few years back, my wife owned a Rossi 5rd .38 M88. So, I haven't provided an answer so much as clues! I'd say M335 would be the one, though, given the circumstances. Either way, it's a decent gun, with the quality being pretty comparable to a Taurus. Rossi had a lifetime warranty on their guns, and this has been turned over to a gunsmith in VA (according to the website) for the Interarms guns. It might be a good idea to give him a call--maybe he can give you some better info. Good luck!

· Registered
13 Posts
I think you have a model-88,i sold quite a few of these a few years ago at the local gun store where i worked,they are a inexpensive but not cheap copy of the S&W model 36,i dont recall any coming back to us for repairs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.