Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often wear slacks & Dockers with a golf shirt. How are the pocket holsters as far as comfort and does it print much? I have never had one and would think about one for my PPK. Thanks....

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm sitting here with a Glock G-26 in my pocket right now. Definitely not as fast as a GWH or EX, but I don't feel unready by having my hand in my pocket while conducting an interview. A PPK works, as does the Kahr MK9. Until the polymer-frame version of the MK9 arrives, the S&W M642 is probably the best weapon for this type of carry.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Recently, I received a "cookie" pocket holster from Ron Graham for my Mustang Pocketlite. It is well-designed and well-made of excellent materials. Mine is made of cowhide with shark trim, just like the one shown with the NAA Guardian on Ron's website at http://www.grahamscustomgunleather.bigstep.com

I also received one of Ron's pocket mag pouches, in shark. The pouch will help keep pocket lint out of one's spare mag and keep the top-most round in place, but I still need to work out a technique for quickly removing the mag from the pouch.

Ron's pocket holster provides all the attributes of the breed. It keeps the pistol upright and in a consistant position in the pocket. It offers some protection for the pistol from pocket lint. It is very unobtrusive...especially in pants or shorts that have pleats or are a little baggy.

Rosco

·
Registered
262 Posts
I carried a custom Mustang Pocketlite in a Galco pocket holster for a while. Works fine in khakis and baggy shorts, not as well in jeans or light (tropical weight wool) dress slacks. In the jeans, it prints a bit much for my tastes. In dress slacks, the holster/gun combo is heavy enough to sway a little when you walk.

The Galco holster did take a while to break in properly, i.e. conform to the curve of my thigh. One of the most interesting innovations in pocket holster design (though I haven't tried one yet) is the Sparks pocket holster that has a wire lining around the edge so you can bend it around your thigh, molding it to the shape of your leg for better concealment and stability. Good thinking.

Chad

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently got an Alessi Ruffout pocket holster for my NAA Guardian. The quality is typical of Lou’s holsters, superb. The molding is perfect and the design uses a just the right amount leather creating a minimum amount of bulk while protecting the pistol. The hook makes drawing very easy and an added advantage is that it is ambidextrous, so it will work in either pocket . When wearing pleated or baggy pants it does an excellent job concealing, while keeping the gun in an upright position. I use mine all the time

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have for 3 years carried a Mustang Pocketlight in one of Jerry Aherns pocket holsters very successfully. No problems and very comfortable. I too wear pleated dockers.

The important things are always simple...The simple things are always hard.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gselph on 2001-09-19 07:10 ]</font>

·
Registered
170 Posts
Does anybody have experience with the Talon Tactical (Mr Benedict) Pocket Holster? Perhaps, being kydex, it is lighter, and therefore more in keeping with the lightweights like the S&W 342PD. Seems it might be a bit rigid and poking though...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I will be the fly in the ointment on this one. As much as I like a leather belt slide holster, for pocket carry, the lighter the better. I carry a P32 in a $10 Uncle Mike's pocket holster. The holster is light, does the job and cheap. Why add the weight of leather?

·
Registered
181 Posts
It just so happens that I bought a 642 a couple of weeks ago and have been carrying it around in one of my pocket holsters. The holster breaks up the pistol outline and keeps the J-frame from tilting over in my pocket.

If anyone happens to want one I have 10 or so in stock.

Just let me know if it is for new or old model J-frames. (38 or 357 length cylinders.)

Make holsters is just and excuse for me to buy new pistols.

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.