Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
On 2001-07-06 18:38, Burrahobbit wrote:
The Pointman; Any MiM parts in it? Thanks
Read the article in Combat Handguns July/August issue. This pistol is very expensive and uses an investment cast frame. Actually, I looked at the overall performance which is good. The parts seem to be fit up alright. However, I cannot see paying well over $1,000.00 for a pistol with less then perfect, high production cost parts. I could probably build a better gun myself. I was extreamly disappointed to hear the Dan Wesson was not building these guns on their firms parts.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Or is he referring to Kreb's Pointman?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Good question?!
...only thing is, he mentioned a high price...I thought the "minor" was like an entry level pistol at around 500 retail?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I did a little research on the Krebs Pointman sometime back, including calling Mark and getting him to quote me a gun. If you do a search at the 1911 forum you'll find a thread that I started asking for feedback on this gun.

The facts that I was able to collect include: 1) Tom Givens had one and was quite impressed with it - recommending it highly. I think he just sold it (here or at 1911 forum). 2) People think highly of Mark. 3) He is doing mostly AK work now, but will do pistols, including the Pointman.

I know one poster here who ordered one. He may not want to reveal himself or his experiences. I will say that I intend to get one someday when I have about 1.5K burning a hole in my pocket.

Oh yeah, the price went up since the AH article. I had him price one for me with straight 8 Heinies and hard chrome and it was gonna be just over 1500 bucks.

Jim

Edit: Just reread your post. Duh. Don't know about MIM parts. Call mark. Maybe you'll find my info above useful. Sorry to get so off topic!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JiminCA on 2001-07-30 15:19 ]</font>

·
Registered
42 Posts
JiminCA,
Just a quick question for you or someone else who owns one. Is it like a full house custom except no specfic part exceptions, or is it more along the line of what the factories and semicustom guys make at that price point?

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's kinda like ordering a car. You get some options but not total flexibility. My impression was that Mark would work with you to the extent that it didn't violate the basic concept of the gun (that makes it priced where it is).

FWIW I haven't ordered one (yet).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.