Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Excellent site you have the PvtRyan! It was really informative.

Do you have any extreme close up pictures of the checkering after you refinished the frame? I looked pretty good but it was hard to see some of the details on the un finished frame.

Thanks and keep the good work.

Chris

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris:

I had to borrow a friends digital camera to do this section. I loaned mine to a so-called friend 3 weeks ago, and he can not be bothered to return it. I didn't know how to do macro with the borrowed camera.

I will take some close-ups as soon as I get mine back and I'll post em for you. they turned out GREAT !! I couldn't be more pleased. I'll try to remember to post a message here after I get the new pics posted.

Thanks for taking the time to give me your feedback.....it is much appreciated.

·
Registered
262 Posts
On 2001-10-01 15:21, PvtRyan wrote:
Chris:
Thanks for taking the time to give me your feedback.....it is much appreciated.
Yup, I'm really enjoying following along as you progress. Fascinating project and site. Thanks!

Chad

·
Registered
60 Posts
PR,

I'll be looking forward to seeing the pics! I hope you get your camera back soon. :smile:

BTW, I just picked up a B&D RTX largely due to reading about it on your site. Now I'm on my way to assembling my gunsmithing tool set! I just need to figure a way to sneak it past the wife...Hee, hee, hee.

Regards,

Chris

·
Registered
60 Posts
PR,

How much beer did you drink before starting this project?

Just kidding! :grin: It looks really good!

Your site is a bad influence, I can already feel my wallet lighten...

There has got to be an good inexpensive checkering jig for your mini-mill. Maybe you'll have to mill a jig yourself, ha, ha, ha...

Best regards,

Chris

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Funny you should mention it....I am working on a new "Mini Machine-checkering jig" designed specifically for use with the mini-mills (although it will work with any mill). It's a new design that operates on a pivot bar principle......look for more info on it at a later date.

I like to hear that others are considering doing the same. That was kinda the idea when I started this project. I wanted to see if an average Joe could do it......and if so, maybe it will encourage others to do the same. If I can do it, so can you......it really is as easy as it sounds.

P.S. No beer that night....and only 4 shots of Tequila......wanted to stay sharp.

Take care.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PvtRyan on 2001-10-02 22:24 ]</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.