Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this stuff and does it look like it might work? It seems like alot of penetration for such a light bullet. I would think if it does expand, it is near the end of the wound channel. I am always alittle worried when they start talking about energy transfer.

"The Pow´RballTM is a breakthrough concept; developed by renowned bullet maker Peter R Pi. It is an expanding lead bullet capped with a polymer ball giving it a full metal jacket or rounded ball profile.

The new Pow´RballTM ammunition will give the shooter confidence and peace of mind, knowing that there will not be an ammunition feeding problem when the gun is needed in a critical situation. The polymer ball is smooth and slick. It will not hang-up or snag as it guides the cartridge effortlessly into the chamber. The lead bullet core is shaped into a specially designed cavity. Upon entering the target, the softpoint cap promotes controlled expansion of the bullet. The resulting classic mushroom shape dumps all the available energy into the target. Complete energy transfer promotes superior stopping power. This round nose profile is unaffected by heavy clothing, glass or sheet metal. Recovered bullets from test medium have excellent (80% or better) weight retention after 12 to 14 inches of penetration. "

http://www.corbon.com/PowRball.html

·
Registered
285 Posts
Didn't Remington have a similar design for their rifle bullets once?

Anyway, I have to wonder about the accuracy of these loads, seeing how the odds of hitting are something like 700 million to one. Oh, wait -- that's the Powerball... :lol:

G

·
Correct,
Remington, PMC, Federal, currently/have all offer(ed) a "powerball" variant.

I would not expect a lot from this ammo tend to belive performance will be generally poor/marginal.

This is not a very good idea and would not be surprised to see the line fail and go the same direction as the "Beesafe" ammo line.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Well, the name is certainly atrocious enough... misspelling the name of the local Lotto (try American Standard English anyone?) hardly seems confidence-inspiring. :razz:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CastleBravo on 2001-08-10 09:44 ]</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.