Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice or comments . . . .

I have a Kimber Stainless Pro Eclipse (4"bbl) in 45 ACP, I was wanting to make it a "dual" ammo gun just to play with (the 10mm is sometimes FUN to play with!).

Questions:

1) Can I just change the barrel / bushing / recoil spring set & insert a 4" 10mm barrel, etc. into the Pro size (4") Eclipse slide?

Or

2) Could I take a Gov'mt (5") slide / barrel for a 10mm and place it on the commander style / size frame of the Pro Eclipse.

I am assuming that I can use either Delta 10mm mags, or Wilson 45 mags for the ammo as a "drop in".

I really did not want to do any mods to my frame, and did not know if a 10mm for the 4" bbl was a"drop in" or not, or if you can just get a 5" 10mm slide & barrel assy & "drop in" as a unit.

Any comments / responses would be appreciated!

Thanx,
PDS

·
Registered
418 Posts
You'd have to replace the entire slide and the ejector. The feed angle is also, I believe, different so without modifications, the 10mm won't feed reliably.

If you reload, you could always get a .400 Corbon barrel and have near 10mm capabilities.

·
Registered
156 Posts
BuzzKnox is right. You can use the same lower (ejector will have to be replaced), but the top end will have to be totally new.

Sure, you can go with a switch top gun on the same lower, but why not just buy a Delta or find a Kimber in .40 (they are out there) and have a 10mm barrel fitted to it? This makes a lot more sense than a swtich top gun.

SF

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok,

Just wanted to check. Did'nt know too much about the feasability of a "slide swap". Sounds like I will just HAVE to find another Delta :wink: Will probably be sometime next year though, the wife will be wanting her pistol first! Thanks for the responses & the info!

BTW, I have about 550 rounds thru my new Pro Eclipse II & it has worked great through everything (230gr hardball, 205gr LSW, 230 gr. G. Sabers, etc). The only FTF has been with 2 rnds G Sabers that were seated WAY too deep & 3 rounds of 185 gr Sierra HP's. It does not seem to like the short/lite 185 gr HP's. Oh well, no big loss - I bought them for another pistol anyway!

Thanx,
Aggie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.