Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
They represent the companies they shoot for which usually would represent sales to the companies from the rank and file if the guns perform well.

Rob Leatham for Springfield
Ernest Langdon for Beretta
Todd Jarrett for Para Ordnance
Tom Yost for Smith and Wesson
and on and on.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Bother to compete? There isn’t big money in IPSC either. There is big money in training courses though. The more big matches you win, the better your resume will be. And the more in demand you can be for classes.

I don’t think they feel bothered shooting IDPA, just another shooting sport to support.

How many folks will notice if Joe Shit the Ragman shoots IDPA? I think the sport will grow with more big names out there.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
On 2001-10-11 16:19, Tom Freeman wrote:
Joe Shit the Ragman
Jeez, is that what they're callin' me now??!! I sure hope you're not slammin' me again! "Chromed sights"....still LMAO on that one!!!!

Are you talkin' to me? You must be talkin' to me...... :grin:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Are you talkin' to me? You must be talkin' to me......

You kiss your mother with dat mouth? Do you?

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
59 Posts
Why do professional shooters compete in IDPA? Cuz it's fun. They also need to promote/sell guns to pay the bills. Para has been promoting the LDA to everyone, so guess what, Todd Jarrett has been shooting a LDA at every competition.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is big money in training courses though. The more big matches you win, the better your resume will be. And the more in demand you can be for classes.
That's a good point.

I know that the pro shooters aren't raking in the bucks the way pro golfers or maybe even pro bowlers do, but they do need to follow the money to support themselves. That's why you don't see someone like Rob Leatham trying out for the Olympics, even if he could do very well at something like Rapid Fire Pistol.

I think the sport will grow with more big names out there.
The more the merrier, I say. :grin:

·
Registered
72 Posts
On 2001-11-13 14:23, jrf wrote:
[quote:2n4vjyp3]
Ernest Langdon for Beretta
I didn't think he was with Beretta anymore. I could be wrong.
[/quote:2n4vjyp3]

EL is an independant now. Has his own shop in Virgina. Trains folks around the country. Does custom work on Berettas. etc. http://www.langdontactical.com/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.