Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only end-user that thinks the pull through snaps are a dandy idea and have a place on certain holsters?

When I ordered my Hideout for my KGP141 I didn't know enough to think of whether or not the holster should have them. Lucky for me (again) that Lou knows a bit more than I do! Sure they help retention but they really shine in protecting my tender flesh from the hammer of the gun!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yup, especially like the way Lou does them and as you mention for specific rigs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pull through snaps are a great idea for SOME holsters and can be used to great effect. If you want to see some early designs using these, contact Rob Garrett and get one of the reprints of Chic Gaylord's catalog Rob had done. You will see where a lot of "modern" holster designs came from. Chic was the father of modern concealed carry.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Better yet, get a copy of Gaylord's book, Handgunner's Guide, and you will see where many of todays holsters originated. This book printed in 1960, is one that should be in every professional gunmans library. GLV

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.