Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife recently began carrying a handgun. I am interested in purchasing one of the "carry purses" for her (like the ones made by Galco, Coronado Leather, etc.). I would really appreciate receiving any suggestions, advice, or experiences anyone has regarding "carry purses." THANKS!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Lou's right, Galco's purses are nicely made, and Mitch Rosen's are absolutely exquisite (if you can afford them). I really would caution against any type of "off-body" carry, however. Keep in mind, whenever you are beyond arms reach of the carrier, you have effectively disarmed yourself and potentially armed someone else.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I don't have any experience with the Coranado or Rosen lines. I can tell you however, that the Galco line is very nicely done.

One of the primary considerations of purse carry (if you've already weighed the pros and cons of the method) is that the purse look good. If it isn't as nice or nicer than what she uses now, your wife won't carry it.

I have a Galco VIP briefcase, and the leather, workmanship and fit and finish are nicer even than my wife's Coach bag or Dooney & Bourke accessories. I'm seriously considering buying my wife a Galco purse -- even if she never carries. The quality is that good.

Chad

·
Registered
73 Posts
I spent awhile trying to find something for my wife. And the truth is simple: if they like the way the purse looks/feels, the more they will carry a firearm with it.

There is truth to carrying a fireamr as close to your person and as easily obtainable as possible, but I would prefer my wife to carry in the purse than not to carry.

We settled on the Galco...I bought one for my mother (she doesn't even carry-but loved the purse) my wife and my sister. Great and barely showing wear after 1-2 years of use.

Lenny
http://www.bosh.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.