Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have acquired a 6 " python over all condition blued finish 90-95%. meets all colt stats for trigger pull, non stock grips rubber with colt logo. Timing and mechanical condition excellent. No box no papers. Need help with value SN 346xx. (1964?) 357
Thanks for any help..Pat

·
Registered
11 Posts
A dealer had one at the Lakeland funshow, same condition, no box....asking 995.00. No takers, but Pythons are demanding that kind of money. Watch the sales on GB for recent values. If the pistol had orginal wood grips I think that would be a good price.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
The older Pythons in better condition bring a higher premium.

These days with skyrocketing Colt prices, it's hard to assign a value, but for a 1964 in genuine 90% to 95% I'd "guess" something around $900 to $1100 depending on where it was sold, even with non-original grips.

·
Registered
4 Posts
restoreit1: thanks for the post I realize the time delay (2004). If you did sell the Colt you are sick now with the prices they command over 2000 dollars in todays market. I have on I think it is 1967 vintage I brought it like new in the box back in the early 1990s. The box said it was sold at Bob's camera shop. Long before the BATF...

I had a chance to buy (2) Colt python 2 1/2 in snake eyes (stainless) for 3000 dollars about 10- 12 years ago... did not pull the trigger on the deal. they were in a display box with a gambling theme (dice, cards etc.). Im sick now i saw some on sale for 20,000 dollars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts