Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the board are examples of work you have done on Wilsons CQB and the Baer Thunder Ranch. Putting aside your slide difficulties in the past and Baer's reluctance to stand by his product and poor customer service(if possible), which was the better base gun to work on as far as fit, finish and parts?

Thanks,
Dav

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Putting aside your slide difficulties in the past and Baer's reluctance to stand by his product...., which was the better base gun to work on as far as fit, finish and parts?
Not sure what you mean by "slide difficulties" The problems I saw personally were with the LB frames not the slides.

In case there are questions about a personal vendetta there isn't. I don't suspect any of the manufactures would invite me to dinner either :roll:

I do know what I like and prefer when building a good 1911. The frame and slide set I would prefer are made in the Jericho/ Kimber plant, who also makes Wilson's, CMC, and Nowlin's. I think the base materials and heat treat are better.

Of the two guns you asked about again I prefer the W/C on the rebuild. More option on the sights, in addition to my preference on the frames.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dane,

I hope you don't think from my question that I was insinuating that you had a vendetta against anyone. I remembered that you had a problem with some Baer components and thought it was the slide instead of frame that cracked. The comments about poor customer service were my own based on comments I have heard from others. I was just looking for an honest comparison of both as base pistols for other work. Thanks for the quick response.

David

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: meanoldman on 2001-10-22 16:15 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
No problem David. I am always willing to give an opinion. That is what the board is for, everyones' opinion.

It is a very small industry and there are fragile egos every where you go. I do my best for every customer. Sometimes that costs me money. That is what customer service can be. Taking care of someone the way you want to be taken care of is wha tCS should be.

Some times it takes a vocal consumer to get warrenty and customer service policies changed. I am told that LB is better than they use to be on both counts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.