Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a "T" series HP and it doesn't have any travel (similar to a 1911), I can NOT find any mods done to the frame, or under the trigger! It all looks stock, am I missing something here? I would like to do this to my other HP. Thanks GTO

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Hello. I have not thought about it much and I'm sure that the gunsmiths here know much more than I about such things, but it does seem that it might work. However, it also seems like if too much of the "slop" is taken out, when the gun's slide slams shut, it could drop the hammer if tolerances are too slight. It might be that the lever would have to be spring-loaded ala the MkIII series.

Best.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd have to see it. I think you are on the right track. I've seen some try to build up the hump on the sear or trip lever. I too am concerned about too tight a mating. Maybe you just lucked out.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mr Gram, thanks for the reply, the mating sufaces are fine and not too tight. I'm also 98% sure this is how it came from FN, what I would like to do is find out "WHY" because I almost wrecked my last HP trying get this very thing! ( a 1911 type travel). I may just send it to you but I'm afraid to let it out of the house!! Hahaha, Thanks.

Also thanks Stephen. GTO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.