Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tom,

Is there any info readily available about the AF Shooting team. Told my son that "a guy on the board" was on the team and he thought that was really cool.
We shoot local USPSA and other matches together. He's a Staff Sgt. in the AF JrROTC in high school and plans on going into the Air Force. He thought the team might be something to shoot for.

Thanks,

Dave

Just realized that the last line was a really bad pun. Sorry :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StuporDave on 2001-11-20 23:22 ]</font>

·
Registered
581 Posts
The team is a real good deal for me. Uncle Sam issues me ammo and helps me out with match fees and travel to and from. The down side is I still have my regular job to do unlike the Army Teams where shooting is a full time job. I wouldn’t trade in my job for an AMU slot though. I have too much fun at work.

JrROTC and CAP are a great help when he gets in. Nothing better than starting out as an E-3 as opposed to an E-1. And he can get a feel for how backwards things can sometimes be if the military does it.

The action pistol team has 8 slots and they like A class and above, military rank isn’t much of a player. We have officers and enlisted guys on the team. Contact me at work for more details. [email protected]

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, Tom.

I'll drop you an email when I figure out exactly what it is I want to know.:smile:

Trying to make sure my son stays excited about the Air Force.

Dave

·
Registered
272 Posts
Tom,

Are there other AF team options available? Could, for example, The Ohio Air Guard put up a team? Are there base level teams?

I know that the Ohio Air guard had a rifle team that went to competitions on orders. I guess just like a bowling team or softball team.

Can you message, email, or post me the AF Pubs or Regs that deal with this?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Kyle, there is nothing stopping you from starting your own base team. I would have done that here, but I am the only AF guy around who shoots IPSC and IDPA. All the gentlemen shooting sports are well represented, but nothing as knuckledragging as IPSC or IDPA.

Your base services commander is the one who can put you on point, no pay orders. Or if you are lucky, regular pay or permissive orders.

I don’t have any info here at home, email me at work and I will see what additional info I have for you.

I will be gone for a week or so fighting the good fight.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tom Freeman on 2001-12-01 22:15 ]</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.