Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon, Gentlemen (& ladies if applicable) -

First off, I am new to the forum and a new 1911 shooter and I have to say that this is a great site! I recently purchased a NIB SA custom loaded full size and have put 700 rounds through it over the past couple of weeks (FMJ,HP,SWC)with only 2 or 3 hang ups on the SWCs. My problem is this - after every 10 rounds or so, I have to tighten the recoil spring guide rod assembly with the allen wrench that SA so kindly supplied with the pistol. Is this normal? Is there a quick fix or do I need to replace it? Like I said, I'm new to the 1911 so I don't have a frame of reference. Also, if this is a normal condition, how much torque should I be using to tighten it up?

Any ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Number6 - A blade slot! What's next, duct tape?
Thanks for the reply. I was beginning to think that my otherwise awesome 1911 was a freak. It's good to know that it's not. I am happy to say that I just recvd a shock buff kit from Wilson - one piece gr, shock buffs, a #18 spring and oh yeah, a couple of new magazines (just because). Hopefully this will solve the problem and I won't have to worry about launching pistol guts down range.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.