Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently saw a Randall A-111 Service Model at the local gunshop. Everything looked factory, however there were no Randall rollmarks on the slide. Has anyone ever seen a factory Randall without rollmarks on both sides of the slide? Also, what identification was found on the factory magazines? The magazine that comes with this gun says "Laka USA Mag." The frame has the serial no. RF05421C. Asking price is $450. Have contacted Randall website and received no reply.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
SamColtFan

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hi! The Randall collectors site is in Mills Wy but I cannot find the URL. If I remember correctly pistols were assembled from parts after Randall went out of buisness. The Randall magazines were made out of 17-7 stainless alloy 100% with pollished front and sides with a brushed/burnished finish on the back. I have Pachmayr base pads on mine and cannot say about the bottom, but don't remember any markings there. The follower is convex and stainless too. Hope this helps. Search for the Randall site and they will have a page where you can enter in the serial number and will tell you if it is in the factory # range. A "c" behind the serial number means the fram was made by Caspian. Mike

·
Registered
579 Posts
The Randall Firearms Company History at the following URL http://www.randall45.com Go to the page that says research which shows when I type in 5421 that it might not be a factory gun. Mine shows good no. for reference. Lots more information at the site. Hope this helps too! Mike

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Randall_1611......
Thanks for the input and the additional info re Randall's website. Looks to me like this is one of those guns assembled after Randall closed. Too much at $450?
Thanks again,
SamColtFan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts