Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have the Green Mountain Big bag. I can carry my gun, ammo, goodies, lunch and a camelback in it and still have room for cigars and a few homeless girls…

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
580 Posts
After a few expensive false starts have also settled in with a GM. Their "Original" fits the bill for up to 3 pistols and IDPA, etc.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I got one of the new Hoppe's Number 9 bags for 35 bucks brand new. Has two padded pistol holders that fit in the sides of the bag, and a big main compartment. Girl from Hoppe's told me that Wal-Mart has killer prices on them :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JLM on 2001-05-22 22:18 ]</font>

·
Registered
103 Posts
I use a Dillon. Nice bag for the money, but it does get a little crowded now and then. Never enough compartments.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Shane K,

I bought that Hoppes bag at Wally World, and it was 35 bucks brand new. Maybe ya should take a look :grin:

·
Registered
20 Posts
My bag is a Sears Craftman 40 pocket tool bag that you can get on sale at Sears for $19.95. Great bag, 20 inside pockets & 20 outside pockets. Made of heavy waterproof canvas, industrial strenght zippers, & a padded shoulder strap. Go by your local store & take a look.

·
Registered
60 Posts
A bunch of years ago I plunked down a bunch of change for a Waller Range Bag. I thought it would hold everything I would ever want to take to the range and it will hold a lot but now I've picked up Standard and Mini Medics bags from Blackhawk for ammo and other extra stuff I didn't have, or know I needed, when I bought the Waller. None of these were what I would call cheap but they have proven to be worth every penny paid.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I go light anymore with a Army surplus mechanics tool bag.Heavy canvas heavy zippers and handles/stitching.Made for carrying heavy metal implements.Holds 1-G.M. in zipper pouch,1-paddle holster,4-mags in pouches,4-boxes o'boolets,bore-snake,ear plugs(about a dozen pair of foam) and a little can of lubricant.ScotchGaurd for water if you like.$6.95 at the surplus store.For a nominal amount you can have this rig ready for several commonly used handguns as long as barrels are under 6",ready to go no fuss no mess no need to take this out and put that in.Grab and go.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I usually use an old Army helmet bag to carry the ammo & accessories and carry the guns in a Browning Travel Vault. I'm considering getting a gen-u-wine purpose-made range bag, though.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Some years ago I bought a Smith & Wesson range bag, it holds the ears, glasses, ammo, tools etc. I use my son's dive bag to hold the guns. Soon I will look for something to lug more ammo around with. The pickup truck is used for target stands, targets and other gun stuff!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have a few of those mech. GI tool bags. They are great for about everyting. I even use one as my shaving kit/travel bag. Here is a little hint though...don't go reaching in your bag at the range and pull out a tooth brush.

Walmart also has a Plano bag for fishing gear. $10 That works.

And a Bucket Boss with the lid/seat.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I find myself bringing a lot more gear these days. I use a plastic tool box w/tray for muffs, various glasses, targets, bore snakes, and hardball ammo in 3 calibers (to blow out fouling after a session w/lead ammo), little tools, etc.

Each pistol has its own case; I have a double case that holds a revolver w/moon clips and an auto w/ 7 mags for the action pistol and pin shoots.

My bag came from the Volunteer Lawyers Program of the local bar association. It holds lots of ammo, two belts w/holsters, and spare range glasses. I loved the look on their face at the table when I told them what I'd use it for........

·
Registered
580 Posts
Sam,
Got my Green Mtn direct. They were quick building it and sending it & made it exactly the way it was ordered! Really Great item.
See:
http://www.greenmtnsports.com/

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.