Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Sept issue of CH is out now and it includes a nice feature article by Keith Pridgen on our annual five day Advanced Combatives Course. There are a couple of action shots from the class and Keith's review of a Baer SRP he used in the class.
This course will be 24-28 April 2002 next time around, if any of you are interested in joining us.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
You really need to talk to someone who has been in class with me!

The most common comment is, " I thought you would be bigger!" Second is, "You aren't the asshole I thought you were?"

Third is, "It was really fun but man I am glad this is over!"

·
Registered
934 Posts
Having actually met Dane, I'll say that he is much more personable face to face and indeed NOT the @#$hole that some seem to think he is based on his web perona. :grin:

Also if Tom can teach in person half as well as he does in his book, you couldn't keep me away from his class.

G

·
On 2001-07-11 16:32, Dane Burns wrote:

The most common comment is, " I thought you would be bigger!" Second is, "You aren't the asshole I thought you were?"
LOL...
Dane,
Funny the comment I get most often is "I didn't think you would be so big" and after they get to talk to me, "you really are a bigger asshole than I thought you were"......:wink:

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
I wasn't talking personalities
With me and the "three", damage control is always a topic worth considering.
You just need to know us, to love us :roll:

Unless you are willing to believe that misses are actually warning shots. :wink:
Tom won't be laughing but lucky enough he doesn't have to see you shoot. But he'll not accept any slackers on attention span :wink:

Jim on the other hand can teach anyone to shoot better and he seldom allows a student not to hit the target.

Either are guys you'll want to emulate!

Me on the other hand ? I don't shoot anyone from farther than arms distance......hard to miss when you're that close! There is a hint here I think on my shooting from my companarios :smile:

( Hey, that Dude has a gun...isn't that dangerious? You have NO idea! )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-07-12 12:51 ]</font>

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have to narc on myself for this one. During my Stressfire course, we did the exercise where you engage the target while moving backwards. I wasn't moving fast enough so my instructor grabbed my belt and pulled me back. He then asked me why I was shooting UNDER the target. My response: "I was making him dance." Hey, I got a laugh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: buzz_knox on 2001-07-12 12:55 ]</font>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.