Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys use the RCBS APS Hand Priming tool (or the bench mounted version for that matter). If so, what do you think of it? Thanks :smile: Seems like a pretty slick little gadget to me, especially since eliminates handling primers with your fingers.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I just use the priming equipment that is part of my Dillon 650. A friend who does benchrest rifle uses a hand priming tool. He says is has better feel for how the primer is being seated into the pocket, and allows for more constent primer seating depth. Such things are important when you are doing that sort of target shooting...I never have had problems with priming for my IPSC/IDPA/plinking loads.

·
Registered
65 Posts
On 2001-06-12 01:29, JLM wrote:
Do any of you guys use the RCBS APS Hand Priming tool (or the bench mounted version for that matter).
I don't use the APS but do use a hand held RCBS tool to prime. Never handle the primers. When emptying the box one decides how many (if less than 100) primers he needs and slide the tray out of the carton to that amount, place the tool tray over tray in carton and turn upside down. It works if you the amount of primers are in multiples of 10! I have been satisfied with it even though I have a Dillon 650. The reason is I like to clean primer pockets and seat the primer to the bottom of the seat for highly tuned revolvers (i.e. light actions). For a semi auto or rifle with heavier firing pin strike I don't think one would need to do this. Just that I had a bad experience once with a lot of ammo for the revolvers I loaded up and it didn't go bang (note that I didn't have the Dillon then either).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.