Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Concept 6 that I have a little over 600 rnds thru. I was wiping it down (I hadn't completely dissassembled it yet) and noticed that while racking the pistol, it was unusally sluggish and gritty for lack of a better discription. Upon removal of the slide, I noticed the Shok Buff had practically disentigrated and the recoil spring was tightly bound to the guide rod. Needless to say I need a new spring and possibly I will still use a buff and wanted to know the weight of the spring that comes standard in the pistol.
What might cause the early buff damage? Was the recoil spring weight too light (ammo was all types and bullet weights from 185 to 230 grains of mostly factory loads) or could it be something else? This pistol is not currently a defensive firearm, but I was ringing it out in hopes of carrying it with confidence. Should I be concerned with installing another buff ( could it have been faulty or an inferior brand?)?
Thanks, Chris

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GunzHot on 2001-09-18 19:54 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GunzHot on 2001-09-18 19:55 ]</font>

·
Registered
580 Posts
The Premier II I have eats up buffs pretty good around 500 rnds. too. Also wound up de-burring the very end of the recoil spring & rod as they were both sharp enough to scrape, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.