Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seemed the appropriate place to ask this question.

I am going to give Clark Custom a try on their S&W Model 41 barrel set-up for a scope only. Scope suggestions? I've been reading some confusing information on these scopes. Impact points shifting due to parallax at ranges less than 25 yards. I shooting informally at wide ranges 10,15, and 25yards. Other than elevation I would have expected this type scope not to change. Could some of you using these scopes give me the dope on what your results are at closer ranges, especially if your using a .22

More of a fun gun than competition piece but who knows what local matches I may consider.

Tim

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have been using 4X Bausch and Lomb and Leupold scopes on .22 pistols for years for squirrel hunting. No problems encountered.

This year I have been using an Omni 4-dot scope and I like it. The smallest dot is small enough for precise shots, even out to 50 yards.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've never noticed a parallax problem with a red dot sight. At ranges of 10 yards or less, you do need to hold a little high to compensate for the difference between the line of sight and the boreline.

·
Registered
12 Posts
the cheaper tube type red dot scopes, like tasco, bsa, etc, usually have a parallex problem, eg. the dot has to be centered in the tube,or the shot will be off. the aimpoint, and c-more are parallex free, which means where ever the dot is, thats where the bullets are going to go.
if your thinking of picking up the nowlin/onmi scope. check http://www.greatprices.at/sableco.com, he has the hakko scope, which appears to be the same scope as the onmi, without the nowlin name on it, and it's about $150 cheaper.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help. This is what I was actually trying to find out. Don't want to invest good money in a poor quality scope and then have to buy a good one.

Tim

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Of the Aimpoint and Leupold Gilmore scopes, if there is a variety, what model would be appropriate for a .22 (small dot) and who has the best prices?

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stopped by one of the bulleye forums and read a review of the ultra dot scope. Anyone used this scope?

Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.