Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I just procured a SA lightweight loaded full sized 1911 on 9.24.01 and the finish on the frame was erased along the leading edges (and then some) of the dust cover with only 2 presentations from my holster.

What would you recommend to refinish the frame with? Hard chrome? NP3? Black T? What?

Hard chroming is beautiful and have just had my P12 and P13 finish by Virgil Tripp and I was considering having the Springfield chromed, regardless of any voiding of the Springfield warranty.

Thansk for the time

Derek

·
Registered
70 Posts
I don`t think Tripp will put their Cobra Chrome on an alloy frame..I just received a Colt Commander light weight frame back from them, I had it done in gloss black Cobra Coat with small parts done in Cobra Chrome..NICE, only time will tell how it holds up..Getting ready to send them a light weight Defender frame, I`m going to try blue Cobra Coat on this one.......

·
Registered
580 Posts
On 2001-10-15 05:33, Bonehead69 wrote:
Do they have any kind of flat silver(flat stainless like color) for a alloy frame?
Bonehead,
Metalife can do their chromium in matte over alloy for ca. $15 upcharge.
http://www.metalifeind.com

p.s. Their site is heavily geared to Industrial use so it's usually best to get their firearms brochure &/or talk with Ron
Mahovsky there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.