Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the shorter barrel length on a Kimber Pro CDP has anyone found any powder that work better than others? Favorite .45 loads?I currently use Unique with Federal 150 standard primers.

Thanks for your comments.
Al

·
Registered
89 Posts
The shorter bbl will not make that much of a difference. Use the 5" data and it will work fine. Win 231, CLAYS, Titegroup, Bullseye, AA #2 will all work for standard Hardball type loads. Just use published data for load info and reduce 10% until you find a load that works in your gun. Good luck and let us know if you need anything.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I use 8gr of AA#5 behind a 230gr FMJ in a Kimber Pro CDP without any problems. Its a moderate load which cycles the pistol fine and hits what I'm aiming at if I do my part. AA#5 was originally developed by the Israelis for .45ACP and is low-flash, clean burning and meters well. It also works great in 9mm.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
...I've also found 8 grains of AA#5 to be a great practice load. I've run it up to right at 10grains with a 200gr XTP and LSWC as well as a nice 200gr JTC that is quite interesting in its' own right. They are all accurate and I'm perfectly comfortable with any of them in my pistols...

·
Registered
126 Posts
This is pretty much a rubber stamp reply, but for good reason. Try 5.5 gr. of WW 231 under a 200 gr. LSWC. While all the standard caveats apply, it gives excellent service in all my .45 ACP's from 5" Gov't models to my 3" Kimber Ultra Elite.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.