Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone suggest a match grade replacement barrel for a Glock 35. I have replaced the .40 S&W Glock factory barrel in my Glock 22 because I (1) don't want to see the gun blow up & (2) want greater accuracy. I used a Wilson barrel at that time but now wish to try a different after market barrel for the Glock 35.

·
Registered
272 Posts
What Tom said. Both come with high ratings.

Your post begs the question(s)...Why do you think you gun will blow up? And, how accurate do you need your Glock?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyle Farris on 2001-08-24 02:37 ]</font>

·
Registered
580 Posts
Re, the Wilson bbl. Was it not to your liking or ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
(1) I think that the Glock 40 SW does not follow SAAMI specifications i.e. the chamber is too big and the barrel is too small, not an ideal combination in my opinion.
(2) When I start putting bullets through the same ragged hole with my handgun I'll start pondering the issue ? how accurate.
(3) Mr. Wilson sold me an expensive handgun a few years ago that would not work properly and was unwilling to fix it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Hedgehog!

I have a G35 with a KKM Match Stainless drop-in barrel, tungsten captured recoil-spring guide rod, Heinie straight eight slant pros installed at Heinie's shop and an action job by Teddy Jacobson. Teddy also did a nice crown job on the KKM barrel.

The accuracy is pretty incredible with this work, feeds smooth as silk and makes me look good.

Simply put, the gun is better than I am!

·
Registered
272 Posts
The trick to getting the Glock to shoot one ragged hole is usually not found in a replacement barrel. Getting completely used to the trigger and then mastering it is the key. It can be a challenge.

A quality replacement barrel certainly won't hurt you (well...maybe your wallet). If you plan to shoot lead bullets then a replacement barrel is the ticket. Other than that, factory ammo and quality reloads will cause no problems. It is when when reloads get sloppy or the barrel gets leaded-up that there are problems.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a BarSto in my Glock 35. After having them fit it, it has been flawless. I depend on this gun most nights for my bedside companion. Given that I have suffered a home invasion within the past year and live in the worst `hood in Seattle, that should tell you how I feel about BarSto and Glock.
I can only pray that my Wilson 1911 becomes as reliabile.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.