Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a pistol or rifle finished in this finish? If so what are your opinions of the finish? Durability? Cosmetics?

Any pictures posted would be really nice because the only one I see in Robar's catalog is drenched in water droplets. They have some with the slides only but none in the entire pistol.

· Registered
199 Posts
John Farnam recommends to have a firearm treated with Roguard on the exterior and NP3 internally. I shot Farnam's Remington 11-87 that had this treatment. The finish looked great but, it was only a couple months old.
Robar charges $199 for this combo finsh with a three week turn around.

· Registered
127 Posts
Roguard is black, with a little gloss. It's very corrosion resistant, and is resistant to wear. I think it's one of the top 4 handgun finishes. NP3 is a dull silver. It's also very corrosion resistant and wears well. It's slippery, and is, IMO, the best finish for internals. It's also in my top 4. The other 2 in my top 4 are hard chrome and tenifer.

TB., NC

G

·
Roguard is not a bad finish as is preferrable to many of the "spray paint" finishes.

Some years back I purchased an HK P9 from Mark Garrity that had been done in Roguard, it was ok.

· Registered
1,355 Posts
After you've had your trigger job or what-ever major upgrades, will this finish have a negative effect? :sad:

· Registered
562 Posts
I don't have any expirience with Rogard but Mag-na-port finished a S&W 57 with Np3 that I really like, the action job is great in single and double use.(They were nice to me, I kept adding work before it was "finished" till it was a keeper custom.) That's not nice to do to a gunsmith! I would use Np3 again. Mike

· Registered
322 Posts
The HK P9S .45 that I sold Mr DiFabio was actually finished in Robar's Polymax - the forerunner of Roguard. Roguard is suppose to almost twice as salt-water resistant and scratch proof as Polymax, and I thought the Polymax was very durable.
Safe shooting,
Mark Garrity
Garrity's Gunleather

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.