Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had a P90 but had to part with it for financial reasons. DUMB

It was a love/hate relationship: I loved the accuracy and maintenance, but hated the trigger and trying to find a decent holster.

Probibly the worst feature for me was the strange looks folks at the Friday matches gave me. "Eweeiuw... that's not a 1911!"

Come to think of it, I think I'll see if that guy wants to sell it back to me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
WEWEBB - Sorry for the off topic. But I will be moving to the Everett area next spring. Where do you do your Friday night shoots? When I am in port I would like to do some formal shooting.

Thanks,
Ross

·
Registered
112 Posts
Gunner -
Sam's Gun Shop 11714 Airport Rd, Everett, WA (425) 348-3006

Look forward to seeing you there,

Bill Webb

P.S. Anyone else that happens to be in the area is also welcome.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wewebb on 2001-10-31 13:01 ]</font>

614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have now shot 650 rounds through my P97D and have had no FTF and it groups less than 3 inches at 40 feet.The trigger is awesume ,both single and double action.Only thing not stock is a Get Agrip on the handle.Not bad for $309.00.It`s a little ugly but who cares with groups like that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I paid too much for my 97D when they first came out: $368. Live and learn. I like the idea that there are rebates now. I shall go out and buy a few more. I love these ugly beater guns. They are accurate enough for combat shppting (I mean who shoots half inch clusters in a life/death situation with point-shooting?). I like the slim grips, the thin profile, and the reasonably flat slide for a 45. Great buy. The DAO is not bad, either. Long trigger travel, but that is no worse than a Beretta or SIG DAO.

·
Registered
68 Posts
good for the doller?

I am Thinking about getting my girlfriend one of these 9mm. She enjoys shooting but hates those "ugly" wheel guns. You guys think this would be a good gun?? Would be used as a home gun and a fair amount at the range? model?
thanks
tony

·
Registered
4 Posts
P97DC

:lol: Had a P97DC for a number of years. Wonderful piece of equipment. Lost my head, felt that I needed a S&W M625 and traded. Decided that I liked the Ruger better. Shop that I traded with has the price jacked up so that I couldnt trade back without taking a beating. Plan to sell the M625 and wait for new Rugers to be put on sale. They can still be bought for under $400.00 plus tax around here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Like gun44, I have both a P95DC and a P97DC. Both excellent pistols. The P95DC has had many hundreds of rounds through it by now and has NEVER had an FTF/FTE. The P97 had one or two misfeeds when it was new, but is now totally reliable. I have access to quite a few handguns, but when things go bump in the night, I usually grab the P95, because I know it will work every time.

Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have never had a FTF or FTE in either the 95 or the 97 either. I shoot at least a hundred rounds a week with these pistols and they just keep on shooting. They will feed and extract any kind of bullet configuration I put in them. They give great accuracy for this type of gun also. I' m talking 4 to 5 inch groups rapid fire at 10 to 15 yards. Slow fire I can shoot 2 in groups at 20 yards with either pistol. What more could you ask for?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.