Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a nice 3913 -- my first double action auto. Really nice gun. But the slide stop lever and and the ambi-decocking levers seem to be taller than they need to be, and seem to spoil the flatness of the gun. Is this usually left as-is, or are modifications often done? Thanks. L

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've not seen many modifications of this type. I know that some smiths will reshape the safety lever so it is smaller, and kind of melted-down, but I haven't seen any examples of it. I have seen guns where the off-side safety/decocker has been removed, which is something that I have considered having done. It just adds thickness that for me is not necessary. Other than that I am fine with the controls as-is.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the input. Best thing for me is to carry it and see if anything is really a bother. I think I get what you mean about leaving the decockers alone if the gun is to be carried on-safe: easier to switch up? Thanks again. L

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The more I use the 3913 the more I see how well it works factory stock. By now I can operate the safety as fast as my 1911s and can shoot the DA shot one-handed well enough, and getting better. Don't know how I overlooked the Smith autos for so many years. I'm going to try to find a few more, including a 10mm. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.