Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a source of small parts for S&W autos, OTHER than S&W? (High parts prices, high shipping and handling costs, less than informative folks).

None listed at Brownells (e.g., mag release). Wolf doesn't have springs.

When I called S&W and asked what the factory rating on my mainspring was (e.g., 18 lb), they said that, "they don't rate them like that." (?) What is that about? How else would you rate a spring? Is this an attempt to discourage tuning the gun with non-standard parts?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
90 Posts
The only thing I can think of is to check with gunsmiths in your area. There are others, like T.J.'s, that do many S&W autos. They may have some on-hand that they could sell you. Have you tried calling Customer Service to request speaking with an actual gunsmith, rather than just the rep?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Some of the S&W parts are restricted to current armorers only. There are also gauging and inspection tools that one needs to set up certain parts. The tools are expensive and the tools to set up extractors in S&W Autopistols can exceed $400.00. At least a few components on S&W are handfit. Hope this helps you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.