Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than the cheesy "TACTICAL" inscription on the left side of the dust cover and "TRP" on the back/sides of the slide, is there anything anyone would change about this gun?

TRP, not TRP-Pro.

Thanks,

SF

·
Registered
514 Posts
Some reliability would have been nice. I bought not one but two of them, and neither one of them worked out of the box, not even with ball ammo. I'm sure some fiddlin' and tinkerin', or maybe just some patence, would have seen them brought up to 1911 heaven, but I wasn't in the mood. Ditched em.

Nice package though. I did take off the beautiful wood grips and put on some plastic grips, since the wood grips were being gouged by the safety. They also worked better w Wilson mags than CM mags.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got mine in Jan. 2001, in the Armory Coat, and love it. I had been without a 1911 for about 10 years and this was a good to get back into the fray. It had some FTF in the first 500 rounds or so, but nothing since. It is as nice a 1911 I could have hoped for for the money.

Steve

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just bought a new SA TRP on Monday and took it out for a shooting on Thursday. Fired 200 rounds of Winchester ball. No FTFs, no FTEs, no stovepipes, no nothing but just sweet shooting. The only thing I plan to have done to it is reducing the trigger pull to 4 pounds from its current 7. After a few hundred more rounds, I'll try mixing in some other ammo. But so far I'm very very pleased with the gun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.