Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a New Khar CW380 pistol, just out of box. It looks like a lot of folks from wayyy back have the same problems as I now have. The slide won't come off and is stuck ! It will not move at all and the trigger is stuck in place as well. Tried everything except a 9lb sledge Hammer ?? Even tried the suggested holding it upside down and taking slide off. All that accomplished was me cussing it and Khar both upside down as well as rite side up !! I tried Khar customer service (Joke) I got a recording saying they would get back to me ! That was three days ago ? Any suggestions, offer of loan of cutting torch etc. ?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Contact Kahr again.
Often companies are over loaded with calls and contacts and it may take another attempt.
In today's business environment with difficulty getting employees, things may take some patience on your part.

Kahr will pay for warranty shipping back to the factory for repair, OR they may be able to give advice over the phone.

When disassembling, did you follow the .380 specific instructions and use the disassembly tool in the box?
When reassembling, did you insure the recoil spring was orientated correctly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Contact Kahr again.
Often companies are over loaded with calls and contacts and it may take another attempt.
In today's business environment with difficulty getting employees, things may take some patience on your part.

Kahr will pay for warranty shipping back to the factory for repair, OR they may be able to give advice over the phone.

When disassembling, did you follow the .380 specific instructions and use the disassembly tool in the box?
When reassembling, did you insure the recoil spring was orientated correctly?
I did follow the enclosed Instructions, after reading them completely. I have posted help requests on several sites and all like yourself mention a "Take Down Tool" I have found that this is mentioned in the manual but not for this gun. It seems it is only supplied with the P380 model which must be California compliant ? Mine is a CW380. Most folks confuse or relate to the P380 model since they are so similar in design except for just a few small changes. Mine did not come with a take down tool ! It is brand new not used. I have even owned a 9mm Khar a few years ago with no problems and based on this prior pistol bought this one ! As for Reassembling it I have never been able to get it apart yet ? This happened straight out of the box, a total Lock Up. The slide was so stiff I had to use a pair of gloves to pull it back on first looking at the pistol? Not a good situation for a self defense gun. I got rid of my Sig 365 and a Glock 380 a couple of weeks ago and thank goodness bought a S&W airweight to carry until this thing arrived, thinking I was getting a good compact pistol. Some reviewers say that it is a little stiff due to the small size ? I am 6' and 265 lbs and cannot pull the slide back on this gun. I will as soon as it is back and operating will see that it becomes history quickly for me. I have discovered they recommend a 300 round break in period ! I have owned and carried small pistols all my life as Back Up guns, and Off Duty weapons, I have never had many malfuntions with any of the probably 40-50 guns used for this as well as my many career related Duty weapons I carried. If I did a feed ramp polish or mag change it always took care of it. When a weapon requires 300 rounds of ammo to break it in at todays costs of ammo that is almost the cost of the gun ! When it will not funtion straight out of the box I do not feel real secure trusting my life on it later ! But just my 2 Cents worth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts