Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a serrated slide top, is it better to also flatten it or just follow the contours? Would the slide be weakened by flattening? This would be for a nice carry gun. Which do most people ask for and why? Which is more traditional? Any photos of both ways? Sam

· Registered
3,552 Posts
Flat and serrations are easier and doesn't weaken the slide. Serrations on the round are more difficult and from my research the first variation on the Government model. The Gold Cup have had a flat that was serrrated from 1957 on.

I suspect hand matting was the "first" slide treatment past typical blasted rounds.

serrated and matted on the round

Gold Cup

matte

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-08-02 14:28 ]</font>

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dane, Thanks for the info. Are the pistols in the photos your work? They are all beautiful! I think I like the serrated on the round look better. Why is it more expensive? and, in terms of strength, it's the same as flattening? Dane, thanks again. Sam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.