Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Don't let Lou sell himself short here. I have shark skin belts from several of the makers listed and have sold a bunch from Alessi. Only delivered two so far but Lou promises me a bunch ASAP and from what I have seen so far, I am waiting patiently for one ALL MY OWN !!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Dane, I finished one for you last Friday, but I'm waiting for the solid Silver buckle to be delivered. The Silversmith should be in tomorrow with the buckle. You're really gonna look spiffy with shark, and those ivory grips! :grin:
Luigi

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Great Lou!! But with several of my nastier customers waiting in line to lynch me for their own shark sets with silver, my quess is I'll have to wait :sad:

I love my Alessi shark watch band though, thanks! :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-07-20 01:48 ]</font>

·
Registered
849 Posts
A heads up about Shark belts..I've posted this before, but it's worth repeating. The ONLY place one can buy a shark belt is from a holster maker. So,,if you don't want anyone to know you are carrying a gun, don't wear a shark belt. A friend of mine with DEA was wearing a shark belt while working on a 'buy' in South Fla. The dealer noticed his belt and asked him if he "bought it from Rosen in New Hampshire", because he had one too! The DEA agent never wore it again..
They certainly can be a 'dead' give away if you are trying to be discreet.
Lou

·
Registered
326 Posts
Lou,
Sucks for your buddy at DEA, but unfortunately, we holster makers aren't the only ones making sharkskin belts. Most of the good western boot manufacturers who make cowboy boots in exotics also do belts in shark, alligator, stingray, and ostrich.
(Tony Lama, JB Hill, Dan Post, etc.) When I was searching for a source for exotics, JB Hill Co was actually rather helpful. For a look at some quality, non-holster related leatherwork, check out a magazine called "Cowboys and Indians", geared toward southwest art and lifestyle. Some of the ads are truely impressive. Where else can you get a filagree belt buckle hand-crafted in rose-gold for $6,500.00? (Yes, for just the buckle).

·
Registered
849 Posts
Mark, Thanks for that info. I have seen many exotics from some of the boot makers, but never saw any shark. Good to know that. Actually I have the latest issue of "Cowboys
and Indians", with Ronald Regan on the cover.
That is a neat magazine, and yes they do have some very neat ads.
Thanks again Mark,
Lou

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.