Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have shot about 250 rounds of 40 S&W out of my S&W 1076.I did not get any jams or failure to feed.Has anyone else done this?The groups were not as good as the 10mm rounds but they did hit the target.

G

·
Not that long ago a certain agency I worked for issued the 1076 and more than a few people did in fact load them with .40S&W.
I never saw any ill effects other than broken decocking levers but that was not from the ammo.

·
Registered
705 Posts
No problem shooting .40 S&W out of my 5" 610 revolver. In fact, it is an absolute tackdriver that is a pussycat to shoot. It puts it in better perspective, if you shoot hot 10mms first, then .40 wimp loads second. :grin:

DD

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a Glock 29 that I put a BarSto .40 S&W barrel in. It worked fine and was handy for those times when .40 was plentiful and 10 was not.

Rich

·
Registered
41 Posts
You guys are messing with my mind. I thought I understood how cartridges seat in a chamber of an autoloader. Don't they headspace from the mouth of the case? With different length cases how does this work? Does the extractor hold the round in place?
Mike

614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know how it works.But it does.I wanted to use up my old 40S&W CCI Blazer rounds so I tried it.Maybe some one with more knowledge can answer how.

G

·
Mike,
Honestly we are not setting you up, the "shorter" .40 rounds are held in place by the extractor. The distance is so small that you will not experience ill effects from it until you load your .40's way up the pressure scale which of course would make them 10mm's but only "smaller" some how. The revo's work due to the moon clips holding them in place and in my 610-2
accuracy is terrible with .40 S&W. I think DD sabotaged it? (kidding).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David DiFabio on 2001-04-14 01:48 ]</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts