Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've got 4 of them and they have always been reliable; that is up 'til last weekend when one of them failed to lock the slide open after the last round. This only happened once at about mid session but now I'm going to have to keep that one aside for range use 'til it regains my confidence.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I think they're OK...Like anything else, depends on the use...I have a half-dozen in different cinfigs...Some 8s with Wilson Parts and some 10s that I keep in case of Ex gaming...I also keep the +10% Wolff springs on hand for each of them...The first time they "fail" I'll rebuild 'em and if it happens again, I'll trade 'em to someone that games for somethin'...I like 'em OK. The SS I think are a little heavier than the others...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Been using the same ones for 8yrs, no problems. clean 'em once in a while and when it wont lock the slide back replace the spring with a 10%extra spring from wolff. You will be served well. They got me through major matches with no problems for years. Enjoy them. DougC

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have found them to be good cheap mags, although a bit strange. I found that if you push the follower forward when unloaded and stick it in the gun it will not lock the slide open, but it seems that when you load them it keeps the follower back enough to keep this from happening. I just make sure the follower is pushed back before I start and have yet to have problems with them :smile:.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I use the ten-rounders for USPSA and the 7 round shooting stars for my defense gun. No problems with either. As far as I's concerned, they're great mags.

Dave

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StuporDave on 2001-07-24 23:12 ]</font>

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a problem yesterday when shooting ball ammo through my Sistema.I have 2 8rd Power mags and have never had a problem with them but yesterday I loaded them to 8 rounds and put one in the chamber(never tried this)after the first shot the next round got stuck.Could this be because the mags are brand new and the springs need to be broken in?I've also found that when carrying Hydra-Shoks I have to load them with only 7rds to be reliable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.