Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes a good all metal short trigger now that Wilson and Videki no longer make them?

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
JM,

Hope this helps. I have one OLD short trigger which has some raised dots on it, looking very much like pics of old Colts I have seen. Also, I have two other newer short triggers which are in good shape, taken off stock guns. Lastly, I have an all steel short trigger in which the trigger shoe portion is not crimped or welded on, it's all one piece. I think I'll keep this one. It's heavy, but it's so well constructed, I can't resist.

Let me know if you are interested in one of these. Maybe I can hook you up? If you are, please don't e-mail me, rather just respond in a post. Good luck buddy.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Dlask makes a short trigger, but Brownells has them on back order. The only other short triggerts I know of are STI and Infinity (Strayer Voight). I'm not sure that Kings is still making a short trigger since the newest Brownells catalog only lists long and extra long for the Kings. The other option is to buy an STI blank and carve out the short trigger you want.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all for the responses and offers. I plan to order a King's short trigger.

Hilton,

The new Brownell's catalog lists both the Wilson and Videki short triggers, but the customer service rep told me the product had been discontinued.

·
Registered
239 Posts
JM:
Thanks. Did you try calling Wilson and Videcki directly? Brownell's had told me that CMC had "factory discontinued" their sears (see my thread by the same title), though they appeared to still be in production. I can't find a number for Videcki on the trigger package, maybe Brownell's or someone here has it?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It didn't occur to me to call the companies directly. I was too impatient and just assumed they stopped production. I ordered a trigger from King's Gunworks.

Hopefully, the King's trigger is a quality product. I have never heard anything about King's Gunworks other than the above recommendations.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.