Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Don't know about on a 245, but I put them in my P228 and 229 and, for me, they make a BIG difference. I have small hands with short fingers. Putting the short triggers in made the DA reach much more comfortable for me.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Brian,

Yes, I installed them myself. There are directions available on the web. I don't have the URL, but hopefully someone will come up with it for you. It's pretty easy to do. About the only hard part I found was getting the trigger bar back in place. It's a tight fit, and seems to only go back in with some careful maneuvering. All told, it took me about 30 minutes to do the first one. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
552 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
New Short Trigger or gunsmith down the existing?

I've read that a good gunsmith can grind down and round the existing stock short trigger to the same dimensions as a Sig short trigger. Is the true? Has anyone done this? Are there any pitfalls or problems associated with doing it this way vs buying a new short trigger?
:roll:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Short Trigger

Hoser,

My 220ST is at a 'smith right now having the factory trigger profile slimmed/reshaped towards a short trigger profile. I however, haven't gotten it back yet, so I can't tell you how it has come out. I can't really see how re-shaping the trigger is any major disadvantage except should you not like it, you will have to buy a new trigger to replace it. Where as if you bought a short trigger and didn't like it, you could just put the original trigger back in. Either way, you will probably have to buy a new trigger.

That being said, as popluar a modification as the short trigger seems to be, I can maybe recall seeing more than 2-3 out in the field anywhere over the years. Even the Langdon 220's, which were supposed to come with short triggers, come with the standard units. I too would have preferred to have tried one first hand prior to placing the order. I can get buy with a standard trigger, but I figured what the heck, a little off the trigger is only going to make it a better, not worse for me. And as I am having the whole thing done over with hard chrome, it was kinda needing to be done with the rest of the gun, as sending it back for re-shaping later, would mean additional re-finishing, time etc.

Hopefully I will be getting it back in the not too distant future and will give you a report. I will be able to compare it side by side with a stock 220ST.

Hope this helps. Stay Safe,
BOSS

·
Registered
26 Posts
short trigger

I have been using a short trigger on my 226 for the past four years. It made a world of diference for me in terms of accuracy. It is my department's issue sidearm. I got on S.W.A.T a few months ago. I got issued a second 226 with a fixed surefire flashlight on it to use on raids. This one has the regular trigger and it's not nearly as comfortable. I can tell you it does make a difference as to where the joint on your index finger will make contact with the trigger. It all comes down to how the weapon sits in your hand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.