Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed 2 piece Cominolli Frame Saver guide rod on my Kimber Custom CDP. It sure is a pain to field strip. So I wonder, could I get a one-piece Frame saver,(they make both), and cut it down and bevel it to the same length as a standard GI guide rod. If I fitted the bushing a little looser and used a cut down Frame Saver guide rod, I could have my alloy frame protected from metal to metal shock, and still be able to field strip it without a bushing wrench or guide rod loosening tool(a small nail). Maybe wanting to be able to field strip my gun quickly without tools is being paranoid. Opinions?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I also have been trying a Cominolli frame saver rod in my Baer SRP. Mine is a one piece. So far, it has held up fine and caused zero function problems. I also was wanting to cut one down to standard short length and try to get the benefit of the frame saver rod with the extra benefit of easier take-down. I'm going to do it. I don't see a problem with it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On 2001-10-14 22:40, I'm going to do it. I don't see a problem with it.
Well Robe, if you are going to do it, I'll wait until you try it before I do. In fact, it would probably be a few weeks before I have time to do it anyway. Let me know how it comes out.

Thanks,
Neal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.