Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Saturday I finally got the chance to shoot the Colt XS model that Dane worked up for me. The gun was pictured in the forum about a month ago. I fired 600 rounds through this gun. The gun functioned flawlessly! The first 100 rounds were fired for function. Strong hand, weak hand, Weaver,etc. no stoppages, no failure to feed with any ammo. I brought along some of the older Fed Hydrashok with the sharp corner, and a mix of anything I had laying around.
The gun ran, and ran flawlessly. After 100 rds, I settled down for some accuracy testing. At 50'(Indoor range), I was achieving outstanding accuracy from the Barsto barrel. It was not uncommon to have five shots into one ragged hole if I did my part. This gun will shoot a hell of a lot better than I can ever hope to measure up to.
After about 500 rounds the slide was hesitating to go into battery by about 1/4". A tap on the rear of the slide was all it needed. I flooded the barrel hood, and bushing area with Break Free, and it returned to functioning normally.
I LIKE THIS GUN! Not only is it a shooter, but it looks great too!
Thanks Dane, you done GOOD.. :grin:
Lou

·
Registered
260 Posts
Mr. Alessi,

Thanks for the report! As a new member here, I didn't get to see the previously posted pictures. Could someone please repost them? So, what did you have done to your Colt? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Sheesh...now look what the cats' drug in...Geez, just about the time I get relaxed and away from all those dang pitchers, ya'll dump another batch on me...!

Welcome home...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Wow Lou...you are one lucky man. Nice work Dane (and Richard too).
So Lou, you ever gonna get Britney Spears to model that Watch Six holster? You can use that gun now, which would match her navel ring quite nicely :grin:

·
Registered
934 Posts
Everytime I see those scallops I like them more. Looks like a great gun for a great guy.

G

·
Alright the real truth sorry to say Lou is that the pistol is really nothing short of a boat anchor or a cheap hammer...

You need to quickly get it out of your sight so you and Dane can remain friends....

Send it to me immediately and I promise you will never have to see it again and because you are always so helpful I will even cover the shipping for you......

Quick everyone! I think Lou is "falling" for it, post how ugly the gun is over and over...LOL

Alright, I guess it isn't working.

Lou you are getting sleepy-very sleepy.....

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Damn Dave...you have about as much luck around here as I do with that approach...

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gentlemen, thanks for the comments. The scallops (The brain child of Riccardo Astair Heinie) are great! I have guns with checkering, and with serrated front straps, and the scallops are unusual in that they don't feel sharp, but give the necessary traction for a non-slip grip surface. I really like the feel they provide. They look neat too, and are easier to keep rust from forming as sometimes happens with a blued steel checkered gun in rough service. They also won't snag on clothing.
And David, I ain't sending it to you either! :grin:
Luigi

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ken, I talked to Brittney Spears about doing that photo shoot, but she said she was busy for the next month or so, and that she would get back to me when she was ready!< :grin:
I'll let you know as soon as I hear from her.
Lou

·
Registered
579 Posts
That's quite a "Blaster" Lou, I really like your choice of features on it. It's too good looking to be a safe queen. :grin: Thanks for the range report on the scallops and the gun! Mike

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Mike, I do like this gun, and plan on carrying it a lot. I normally carry a Colt Officers ACP LWT, in an OWB CQC/S, but with the Burns designed GWH holster, this gun carries just as well as my Officer's ACP. and the weight, which has always bothered me after a 16 hour day, doesn't seem to be a factor.
Lou

·
Registered
284 Posts
Lou

I have one of Burns gun in the pipeline and the pictures of your get my adrenalin going.

The scallops are a nice touch. I have handled them before and the scallops feel real good.

Congratulations on the gun.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Terry. This gun makes we want to get out an shoot more often. I don't get the chance to shoot as much as I would like to these days with work as busy as it is, but I'm gonna make time this summer.
Lou

·
Registered
35 Posts
LOU,

(in my whiniest of voices) that gun makes my stock Colt just look like SH!T! Now I am going to have to have it worked on. Thanks a lot! LOL

Seriously beautiful gun and I hope you enjoy it. Enough custom touches to make it look sharp yet not overdone. Did you have the front sight dehorned or are you planning on wearing some kevlar drawers for that mexican carry at the range? :wink: I will always associate your name with that story, I still laugh a little when I think about it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.