Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I'm new to the site, so hello to everybody. Now, to business. I have a Kimber Ultra Carry, and I haven't had any problems with the pistol itself as of yet. However, I saw the threads about Harley's problems with Kimber, and notably, their refusal to sell replacement parts. I was looking at the Springfield site, and their Ultra Compact or High Capacity Compact look pretty good, plus I would get the tritium sights. I got my Ultra Carry for $850 bone-stock, and I'm looking at around $100 if I put the tritium sights on it. My main concern is that I have a CCW, and the Kimber is my primary weapon for carry, and if it broke, I don't want to get stuck screwing around trying to get parts for it. I have a FEG PPK copy that I have as my secondary, but I would prefer to have the option of carrying the .45. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
720 Posts
You don't need Kimber parts to fix you pistol.

You can send the pistol to Kimber for repair even if they wouldn't sell you parts.

Equal or better parts are available from Brownells.

Your local gunsmith has parts, can get parts, can make parts.

*If you just need a reason to dump it and get a new pistol, then disregard the lunatic ravings of the untrustworthy know-it-all who posted these lies. You definitely would be better off with a new gun. :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tonerguy on 2001-08-18 12:25 ]</font>

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have several Kimbers, including an UC which I carry daily, and I've bought several parts from Kimber. The UC has over 2000 rounds through it w/no problems of any kind. I picked up a spare recoil spring set so I won't be w/o the pistol while gettin' the old one rebuilt. The key to getting parts is not to blow your gun up first :smile:

However, if you're really hurtin' to lose the UC, mine's been gettin' a might lonely...Don't pay no 'tension to that DblTap guy behind the curtain. Kimbers deserve to run free, not enslaved in a controlled environment!

Regards,
TBob

·
Registered
32 Posts
Don't worry about someone elses experience with Kimber. I wasn't there and neither were you when all that 'supposedly' happened. I have 3 "Custom Shop" Kimbers, a Gold Combat SS, an Elite Carry, and an Ultra Elite...... They all work Flawlessly and feed anything I wanna shoot. Hell, 2 of them will feed "empty Cases".........

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
...get rid of the other one and get another 45...The SA if you want or whatever...That way, you'll always have a 45...

·
Registered
934 Posts
I've pretty much made it a rule now to not get rid of any gun that works properly, unless I really hate the thing. If your gun works, other people's experiences should not be a concern.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.