Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a Sig 239 9mm today and liked the way it felt in the hand & pointed. Have always been a Browning HP fan. Don't know much @ this Sig. What are your opinions??? Would be used for concealed carry.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the 40 model. Wish I had the 9 -they are slimmer and point better.

The 239 is an excellent pistol. Little felt recoil, exceptional accuracy and reliability. If it fits your hand, buy it and you'll never regret it

You may get other opinions on it at SIGTalk and GlockTalk (don't know the URls, but a search should bring em up)

·
Registered
54 Posts
have a 239 in .357 SIG-find it to be an excellent concealed carry gun. the cor bon 125gr jhp goes 1340 fps out of the abbreviated barrel and it quite accurate.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Is the 357 Sig model the same size as the 9 version or the 40 version?

GunTest mag just came in today and gave this pistol in 357 Sig some big thumbs up! Called it the "Officer's model" of the 21st Century (or something like that).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hoser on 2001-08-06 22:16 ]</font>

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was able to put a 9mm version through the wringer last year. For the size of the little beast it was very accurate and utterly reliable. Both 8 round and 10 round mags functioned as advertised. The only problem was that the tiny grip and my size XL paw did not get along so well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just rented, and fired 100 rounds thru the very gun you describe, today!
I found it to be very fun, controllable and straight-shooting...once I got used to the sights, at 20 feet.
No malfunctions or misfires at all.
Before you commit to 9mm, at least take a look at the .357SIG page, as more and more LEO agencies are adopting this cartridge.
SIG P239 .357SIG is next on my list of acquisition, as I want a barn-burner!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I carry a .40 P239 and also shoot it in IDPA competition. It carries nicely and is surprisingly accurate IMO. It does have a bit of muzzle flip, but that only bothers me in slow fire from the bench. It isn't that the P239 recoils strongly, but the short grip and slide-heavy weight distribution allow .40 full-power loads to twist the muzzle up much more than my Government Model Colt in .45ACP ever wanted to!

My only other complaint was that the pointed toe on the magazine base plate dug into my little finger when shooting - this because I have extra-large hands. Grinding the baseplates flush with the pistol's front strap eliminated that problem and gave me a bit better grip on the pistol as well.

All in all, I like my P239, and a 9mm version of this gun should be a nice easy-shooting pistol as well.

Stu Wayne

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Secmat,

Where did you get those 10 round mags for the P239? Were they factory or after market? I looked on the Sig web page and couldn't find any mention of factory 10 rounders. I have had very bad luck with anything other than factory or Mec-gar mags. Any direction would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is a great gun. My sister has got the sig 239 in 357SIG and the gun and the caliber are first choice.Very accurate. i had a sig 228 in 9mm and now i have a 229 in 357sig. The 357sig is much more accurate than the 9mm. So if i were you i would take the 239 in 357sig! My sister is`t like a horse and finds that the combination is absolutly controllable...

·
Registered
19 Posts
the 239 is the ONLY sig i will reccomend without hesitation.mine has given 0 problems in almost 4000 rnds of 40sw..no smith/colt/glock /hk auto even comes close..

·
Registered
30 Posts
My department issues Sigs. They areexcellent weapons. We have several P226s that have over 90,000 rounds and they are still going. The P239 is an outstanding choice for undercover/concealed carry.Very reliable.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My sig 239 in 357 sig is one of my favorite guns. I love the grip fit to my large hands yet people with smaller hands love it as well. The 357 sig in this package has a very high power to weight and size factor. I have found the gun to be very very accurate. It is a keeper.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.