Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a P229R in my safe I have used on occasion for duty and off duty carry. Regular trigger, stock grips. Always worried if I went to ground fighting and the grips broke the the trigger spring and decocker spring would be lost. So I ordered SIGs aluminum grips. They are contoured different and slightly smaller. Make a world of difference in my hands. Something to think about.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The chances of your factory grips breaking are like one million to one...
Show me the exact numbers and who compiled them or is a million to one your best guess?

I am in uniform and my duty weapon has hit the pavement when in the holster during fights. If I am worried that a plastic part COULD break then it is a viable concern for me since that part retains both the trigger return spring and decocker spring.

But thank you for the attempt to reassure me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i also advocate the aluminum grips. for fit , if nothing else. the better your pistol fits the better off you are. if there's any exposed [un-anodized/un-coated] aluminum on your grips, watch out for corrosion :) .

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have several kinds of grips for my SIGs including high-end NILLS. The SIG aluminums are my favourite for pure functionality. They are thin and "grippy" without being too aggressive on the man hide.

·
Registered
41 Posts
@ Sarge405

I'm with you.

I have aluminum grips on several of my guns.

Sig P229

My Sig P226 X5

Here is a Sig P226 that was a Swiss Police trade in - it really looked sad

I sent the slide to CCR CCR-REFINISHING for $79 they really dressed it up.

It looks and shoots like a new P226 don't ya think?

:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts