Pistol Smith Forum banner

sig freaks sound off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  John Carp 
#1 ·
In my opinion sig firearms are the most accurate,durable,reliable,ergonomical.They are the "real deal".Anybody else have the same opinion and what is your favorite sig?

#2 ·
My 220 in 9mm "American" mag release. As far as being the best I agree with you that they are great in every way but I've got some 1911's that will stand against anything. Mind you my Sig is the only pistol I have that never had an FTF or any other malfunction. 100% reliable.

#12 ·
Favorite Sig

Howdy All,

My favorite SIG is the 220ST. Best out-of-the-box .45 pistol you can buy. 100% reliable, accurate (2" or so @ 25 yds with good ammo), low recoil, very durable, and no gunsmithing needed (now that they seem to have the extractor situation resolved). And if you ever do have a problem, SIG take's care of you. You can shoot side-by-side with anyone with that piece and have no complaints. A gun I would bet my life on.

Just my $.02 worth.

Also, JHP, where did you find a 9mm 220 with the American-style magazine release? I have only seen 'em with the Euro-style on the heel of the grip. If I could find one of those, I would probably buy it.

Stay Safe,
BOSS

#13 ·
Boss
I got mine new in the box from a fellow at my range who had two of them.I don't know where he got them but he said they were part of a german police contract. The mags that came with the gun are marked 38 super and 9mm as well so I figure that these guns may have been 38 supers that were converted to 9mm. I've been told that in fact they may have always been 9mm but because of the "American" release 38 super mags had to be used with the insert to accomodate the shorter 9mm round. At any rate I've heard of these guns being around from time to time but always as a result of a specific contract. As is typical with the 220 it is a tack driver and 100 reliable.
Sorry I couldn't direct you to a vendor but maybe someone reading this could help. Also I've read that the 9mm version of the 220 is no longer produced. I'd like to hear if that is the case because as I mentioned earlier I've seen them around as new guns purchased.

#14 ·
9mm 220

JHP,

Hmm, that would probably explain the mag. release on that 9mm. I remember seeing adds listing the 220 in .38 Super and .45 and IIRC, the picture showed the american style mag release. I can't recall if 9mm was listed in there as well. That would have made sense. When I get a little free time, I might go back thru some of my old issues of G&A, Handgunner, etc. and see if I can find the adds. A moot point tho.

Currently, the 220 is only made in ..45 to the best of my knowledge. SIG probably doesn't see a point to make it in 9mm when they have the 226, 228, 229, 239, 225, and 210 in 9mm. Unfortunately, the .38 Super still tends to languish depite being a great caliber, particularly for handloaders.

It have seen the Euro-style 9mm 220's listed NIB on Gunsamerica.com fairly regularly. I also kick myself for not picking up one I saw in a shop for $450 about a year ago, but I was short on cash and couldn't swing it at the time. As expected, it didn't last long.

I still plan on picking one up, it's on the list of 'to-get' items. I like the 9mm, and I love the 220, so it sounds like a great match. Plus, the reduced ammo cost would be a bonus. I would actually like to have one in each caliber: 9mm and .38 super to match my .45's. I have only seen one .38 Sup, and the guy wanted more than a tad too much for it.

Thanks for the info.

Stay Safe.

#19 · (Edited)
Thanks retDAC, the P250 is DAO and I believe the primer is dimpled by the DAO hammer striking a firing pin (not on the hammer). I've read that the P250 has double strike capabilities but to date I've not had to attempt it, if I come across a FTF round I'll probably do a "one thousand and one" count, see if it's some kind of delayed fire round, then if it doesn't discharge rack it out.

TEKMAT has a great cleaning pad with full schematic for the SIG P250, used it to come up with this reply.

#22 ·
My P227 Nitron Carry has recently celebrated it's 1yr. Birthday. I gave it a premium ammo of 200 gr. Speer Gold dot ..... to dignify the occasion . It has a relative living accross the Street.... (a State Trooper owns the 4.4 in. barreled, cousin)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.