Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Might depend on what you want done to it? After having Teddy work his Magic on a Glock 35 of mine he'd be my 1st choice.
Have had Sig, Exeter and Novak's do trigger jobs on a 220 & 226.
The Sig fact. trigger job was excellent but the Novak "Duty Action" trigger job is Superb. A good bit of it is probably due to the litigation biz. IIRC, Sig was $65 and Novak's $85?
See: http://www.novaksights.com

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mr. Jacobson,
Since it sounds like you're being tactful with a fellow smith, let me ask a direct question:

Does TJ cut his hammer springs?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hoser on 2001-06-09 19:49 ]</font>

·
Registered
210 Posts
Both of those guys have good reputations, well-deserved I'm sure, but if I was having work done I would use a guy who I could actually call and speak to. Per TJ's web site, he will not speak to you on the phone unless you send him ten bucks. Then he'll call you back. He states that he answers brief e-mail questions, but I wouldn't want to mail my gun off to somebody who I haven't spoken to. A five minute call can take the place of twenty back-and-forth e-mails.

If you live near TJ, you can drop your gun off directly to him - for an additional fee of $100. The fee is "for my time to see and talk to you and not for the work".

It sounds as though I'm taking the guy to task for his policies. I'm not. He explains his policies and the reasoning behind them on his web site. You can go there and get everything in context:
http://www.tjscustomgunworks.com

He is entitled to have whatever kind of policies he wishes. I don't have a problem with that. I guess I'm cheap: I don't want to send somebody ten bucks for a call-back.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spackler4013 on 2001-06-09 22:52 ]</font>

G

·
I was not aware of TJ's policies but I did have the opportunity to handle,test a custom full house job that Les Robertson had on his Sig P225 four years ago. It was very clean, very well done, and the action was crisp and clean in the 8lb DA area and the sights were dead on regulated for 124gr loads.
Teddy will have one of my new project guns this coming week so hopefully, I will be able to experience one of his amazing action jobs in the near future.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Never seen a TJ Sig. He did do a GP-100 for me and it came out the best of any of my Rugers. TJ is not cheap as his action jobs run $270+. If you are a local he has an arrangement to drop off the gun at an area range for $10 as I recall. Getting a hold of him is elusive. He does answer emails relatively promptly. As noted above TJ states his reasons on his site for his policies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.